GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3Q0 ABS Pump retrofit

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Couldn't really find any threads talking about this exact retrofit in depth so I might as well open one.

Got to the conclusion today that my ABS pump Is too old for RTA so I thought about retrofitting a 3Q0 pump which support maneuver braking and ACC.

Anyone has any Info on that retrofit?
- What's the coding like? I know It has 30 bytes Instead of 29.
- What about the letter in the PN, does It have an impact on what the pump supports? or do all 3Q0 support RTA, ACC and maneuver braking?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
There is user downtime (on the Ross-Tech forum) spreadsheet for the wiring...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyegss3zpu24ctt/Mk7.ACC.Retrofit.ABS.Pins.xlsx?dl=0

There is this from @Nuje's ACC retrofit thread, which I also used when going to the 46 pin ABS for Electronic Parking Brake retrofit.
https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/retrofitting-acc-to-mk7-tdi.502410/post-5547115

And you'll want to use the spreadsheet from user Somnus (on the Ross-Tech forum) for the coding... anytime ABS VIN is mismatched (for replacement/upgrade, whatever) the coding will go to zero.
https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/17417/#post-155041
Direct link to spreadsheet here.

You can use the spreadsheet to pre-generate coding for your new ABS, easier to do at your computer then just make corrections on the car as/if needed.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
There is user downtime (on the Ross-Tech forum) spreadsheet for the wiring...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyegss3zpu24ctt/Mk7.ACC.Retrofit.ABS.Pins.xlsx?dl=0

There is this from @Nuje's ACC retrofit thread, which I also used when going to the 46 pin ABS for Electronic Parking Brake retrofit.
https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/retrofitting-acc-to-mk7-tdi.502410/post-5547115

And you'll want to use the spreadsheet from user Somnus (on the Ross-Tech forum) for the coding... anytime ABS VIN is mismatched (for replacement/upgrade, whatever) the coding will go to zero.
https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/17417/#post-155041
Direct link to spreadsheet here.

You can use the spreadsheet to pre-generate coding for your new ABS, easier to do at your computer then just make corrections on the car as/if needed.
Wow that's some great Info thanks!

So From what I read the 30th byte just needs to be 00 and the rest of the coding should be the same as the 5Q0 pump.

But what about the Part numbers? Which one to buy? How can I make sure It supports my retrofits?.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
ETKA and PR-Codes if you already have a replacement unit in hand. If you're trying to find what part to order then probably reach out to one of the various retrofit vendors for some info... maybe @doctor.

itzsleepy

Go Kart Newbie
Couldn't really find any threads talking about this exact retrofit in depth so I might as well open one.

Got to the conclusion today that my ABS pump Is too old for RTA so I thought about retrofitting a 3Q0 pump which support maneuver braking and ACC.

Anyone has any Info on that retrofit?
- What's the coding like? I know It has 30 bytes Instead of 29.
- What about the letter in the PN, does It have an impact on what the pump supports? or do all 3Q0 support RTA, ACC and maneuver braking?

If your looking for a 3Q0 pump I might have one for sale. I just have to confirm what came out of my donor golf r

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
Wow that's some great Info thanks!

So From what I read the 30th byte just needs to be 00 and the rest of the coding should be the same as the 5Q0 pump.

But what about the Part numbers? Which one to buy? How can I make sure It supports my retrofits?.
I know I'm really late to the dance here, but no - I had a few changes in going from the 5Q0 to 3Q0 ABS pump.
5Q0: 04FA6AA12420096C0079020981CC2520562490004081A4B210630050C002
3Q0: 04FA6AA12420096C0079020981CC2520562490004081A4B21860F050C002

When I did the swap, I was told that the 3Q0907379AB was the one to get - supported the most (maybe all?) PR codes.

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
From what I was told, the AA iteration was pretty much the same thing as AB....but AB was just one notch higher. ;)

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I started to work my way through those possible security access codes. Quite a few of them are accepted but nothing has let me enter coding.

Ran the ODIS bleeding function. I wanted to die waiting for ODIS to populate the module list then scan DTCs and build up a "test plan" for me 🙄.

I've gotta call on @xabhax about setting it up to run natively. I know it's not going to be fast but I'm sure running in a VM is not helping on my old laptop.

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
There's SOOOO much Java that's running (and Java is a resource hog) that any kind of speed boost will help.
How much RAM does your VM have? Anything less than 4GB is probably gonna result in lots of disk-swap.

I ran ODIS as a VM on a 11" MacBook Air - but it did have the faster i7 processor and 8GB of RAM (and of course, the SSD storage), so I was able to give it 4GB it ran reasonably fast. With that said, doing the same thing on a 2017 MacBook Pro....definitely faster. :)

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
From what I was told, the AA iteration was pretty much the same thing as AB....but AB was just one notch higher. ;)
Great!, Should I get a new one or used is fine?
The used ones are taken off cars that are MY 2014-2016 so they are actually used:oops: and that makes me think about getting a new one, but does a new ABS module need some sort of parameters or online coding?

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
just for the sake of information, my 5Q0 stock ABS module never complained for any of my retrofits, and I did them all.

Address 03: ABS Brakes (J104) Labels: 5Q0-907-379-IPB-V1.clb
Part No SW: 5Q0 614 517 CC HW: 5Q0 614 517 AG

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
My ABS pump also worked for all of my retrofits, until I got silly and decided I wanted to retrofit EPB. Which meant I needed 46 pin ABS. TPMS set button also requires 46 pin ABS, although it's unlikely I would have swapped ABS for that.