GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3D Printer & C.A.D. Thread

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Is the logo raised?

In Tinkercad you would set your drawing plane to the surface that the letters come out of. Drop a rectangle/square big enough to cover the logo and make it a hole. This will delete all objects in the square that are flush and higher then the plane.

Turned out good 👍
i used fusion 360, the logo is recessed into the plate. I still can push/pull the logo but when I zero it out the border is still there, I cant seem to actually delete the logo. 🤷‍♂️

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
i used fusion 360, the logo is recessed into the plate. I still can push/pull the logo but when I zero it out the border is still there, I cant seem to actually delete the logo. 🤷‍♂️

Ohh. Can you do what I said but instead of a hole add a solid square? That might fill in the logo. Or maybe raise the overall height of the part by .1-.2mm to cover the border?

I’d like to try Fusion 360. Tinkercad has one things missing like filet that I would like.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
View attachment 272817
Coinslot cover is done. Still not perfect, but I am pretty happy with this. I wanted to make a second blank version but I cant figure out how to remove the logo now lol. I uploaded it to thingiverse but new accounts are restricted for 24 hours. I will post the link here tomorrow.
That's awesome! I've been toying around with the idea of making a mount for my BMS pedal tuner that would sit in those slots. This could be a perfect base for it!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Print a radius gauge so you can measure and get a closer match.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Prusa slicer and the MK3 make color changing so much easier. I tried slicing a file with Prusa and running it on my Elegoo but it didn’t like it. Probably need to modify the G-Code.

866DCE62-D232-417B-8189-017DA8C8F017.jpeg

Finally made my sandpaper holder. Was a 8-9 hour print on the Neptune 2S. The time frame was way off on Cura so I need to look into that. Said something like 10-11 hours.

FBB4B0F2-6EF2-4605-890F-273D71270EA0.jpeg

Made some more of these too

C184C344-CF3C-47F7-88C6-D3DD5F1E55C3.jpeg

AzteCypher

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R

Roald

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI mk 7 2017
Print a radius gauge so you can measure and get a closer match.
I just came across the ability to import a photo to Fusion and literally just trace it. I'm not sure how well I'll do with that but I'm going to give that a shot. I considered a radius gauge but I need it for the top edge its several inches wide and is just an arc.
I'm sure there's a pro way to do it, but I'm only just okay at Fusion anyways

AzteCypher

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I just came across the ability to import a photo to Fusion and literally just trace it. I'm not sure how well I'll do with that but I'm going to give that a shot. I considered a radius gauge but I need it for the top edge its several inches wide and is just an arc.
I'm sure there's a pro way to do it, but I'm only just okay at Fusion anyways
I ended up using my photo scanner to scan in an image of a game cartridge I was trying to repair. I then traced what I wanted to 3D print, turned into an SVG, imported it into Tinkercad, and out came the STL. Worked pretty good actually.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I ended up using my photo scanner to scan in an image of a game cartridge I was trying to repair. I then traced what I wanted to 3D print, turned into an SVG, imported it into Tinkercad, and out came the STL. Worked pretty good actually.
How did you make it 3 dimensional? Or did the scanner just grab the general height/width and you added depth in tinkercad?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Been on hiatus.

Printing a socket to change the air spring in my MTB fork. Decided I’d flex my speeds.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Damn that’s Stage 3 for sure!!

PETG for the socket?