GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3D Printer & C.A.D. Thread

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Those look great!!

I love printing in PETG not sure what issues you were having. Prints like PLA just stickier.

yakboyslim

Go Kart Champion
Those look great!!

I love printing in PETG not sure what issues you were having. Prints like PLA just stickier.
It might just be this Inland PETG+. For me it is so sticky that it will always string, but the bigger issue is that I have to run really low accelerations (or turn off pressure advance) or I get extruder skipping on every acceleration and unretract. Only filament that gives me that problem. It will be bad enough that layers with lots of retracts can end up underextruded.

I've messed with temps, speeds, accels, pressure advance, retract/unretract distance/speeds... I eventually decided this was good enough for a part that goes on the bottom of my car, hit print, and plan to never use it again.

I printed my diveplane/foglight flare pieces in ASA with no issue and much better surface finish - and faster. So at least for me, no reason to use PETG now that I used up what I had.

yakboyslim

Go Kart Champion
Foglight flares / diveplanes. Printed in ASA and then vapor smoothed. Really happy with the finish. It's not perfect, with some visible layer lines on overhangs, but im happy with it considering zero sanding.
1000003046.jpg