GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

392 Charger

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
At the time the 392 was srt variant which had beefed up suspension and brakes. Scar pack has smaller brakes and not as beefed up suspension, or at least they did before making just the hellcats srt
Right...the SRT 392 was available until 2018 and had a few upgrades over a Scat Pack, but performance/power wise (like he asked)....they're the same

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The GTI would need quite a bit of mods to be able to keep up with a stock 392 with stock turbo
I am thinking either FBO stage and will need to add some e85 in the mix as well.

The GTI would need quite a bit of mods to be able to keep up with a stock 392 with stock turbo
I am thinking either FBO stage 2 and will need to add some e85 in the mix as well...

Hell @tigeo runs 12.34 in his Alltrack Sportwagen.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion
OEM turbo too...

(sorry)
damnit...ahhaahahah

A more accurate look at my car is an average. 24 1/4 mile runs mainly on the street with a few on a drag strip. Average ET = 12.70 Average trap = 107.08. That one run was really good and is most likely from a combo of cold temps, slight downslope, and tail wind. The run before the 12.34 was ~12.5 trapped at 111!

All OEM, all the time.

Last edited:

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
Hell @tigeo runs 12.34 in his Alltrack Sportwagen.
I do not think GTI or a Golf wagon can run 114MPH 1/4 mile with stock turbo. Even with FBO and stock turbo they can't unless they add e85\ethanol to the mix.

GTI need quite a bit of work to run that. I am just saying for the same money and performance the 395 is not a bad deal stock... if it could average 25MPG it would be great... hahahaha

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I do not think GTI or a Golf wagon can run 114MPH 1/4 mile with stock turbo. Even with FBO and stock turbo they can't unless they add e85\ethanol to the mix.

GTI need quite a bit of work to run that. I am just saying for the same money and performance the 395 is not a bad deal stock... if it could average 25MPG it would be great... hahahaha

Correct, ethanol is usually used in the cars that are seriously punching above their weight class.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Ethanol is game changer on the OEM IS20

tigeo

Autocross Champion
My best times are with E30 and about 200 pounds down in weight. My PR 12.34 was at 3400 pounds vs. 3620 full weight (that's with me in it).

tigeo

Autocross Champion
ET > trap

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
How did I get dragged into this? What's an "Alltrack Sportwagen"? ahahaha

I'm the one who dragged you into this because of a 1/4 mile time someone posted for a stock 392 Charger and your car is faster.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
damnit...ahhaahahah

A more accurate look at my car is an average. 24 1/4 mile runs mainly on the street with a few on a drag strip. Average ET = 12.70 Average trap = 107.08. That one run was really good and is most likely from a combo of cold temps, slight downslope, and tail wind. The run before the 12.34 was ~12.5 trapped at 111!

All OEM, all the time.

What not BONE stock OEM. ?

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
3ijhv7.jpg

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
^^^Nice runs but every run there, it looked like the GTI was ahead (definitely in the 3rd run was at least 1/2 a car ahead--at your passenger door) and/or jumped the gun