GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

303 Graphene spray coating

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
I have to admit, I am a big sucker for detail products, it started with Zaino Brothers around 1998 and went from there. Lately besides CarPro CQuartz UK 3.0, which is on my car, and Adam's Ceramic coating on my wife's car, I have various toppers. I've used CarPro Reset, Adam's Ceramic spray, Beadmaker, Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray.
Has anyone tried this new one by 303 (Gold Eagle brands) Graphene Nano Spray?
https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-graphene-nano-spray-coating/
I may get it and use it on my mother's car. I kinda like the way it hazes over and you wipe it off like old school waxes. 12 months should easily get me through the winter as a topper over my CQuartz UK 3.0 (you can use it as a base or topper).
Just wanted to see if others out there are up to speed with the next best thing in auto detail products.

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
Its sold out right now. Well have to wait for people who got some to see how it does. Im interested in how well it does with a water spots more so than how long it last.

My tornado red did not do well with the turtle wax hybrid solutions..bad water spots that etched into the paint. Its doing much better with turtle wax seal and shine.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I’ve seen it on cars though I gotta say, turtle wax hybrid ceramic is glossier, has more warmth and depth. Probably lasts longer too.

Just my opinion.

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
Yes the turtle wax hybrid solutions was glossier or shinier. I think it attracted more dust. What gets me is yes its supposed to last long get but it caused bad water spots on 2 other cars I used it on..not just my gti.
The 303 graphene claims some resilience to water spots.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Yes the turtle wax hybrid solutions was glossier or shinier. I think it attracted more dust. What gets me is yes its supposed to last long get but it caused bad water spots on 2 other cars I used it on..not just my gti.
The 303 graphene claims some resilience to water spots.
U know what. I noticed the same thing with adams graphene ceramic spray

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
When it comes to water spots, yes you will get water spots when water dries on the vehicle, 303 admits this, but according to the 303 Graphene R&D lab manager, David Gutierrez, the water spots won't etch into the coating and are "extremely easy to remove by just wiping them off".
I topped my CQuartz UK 3.0 with Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray for the winter, and it is incredibly glossy but it does attract a lot of dust for some reason.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Graphene coatings seem like a promising future to providing superior paint protection. Insofar, i have not been able to try it and have yielded great results with the various ceramic hybrid sealants currently available. However one day when i actually polish this car i'm planning to top it with graphene as a base coat then make ceramic coating the sacrificial/slick layer.

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
When it comes to water spots, yes you will get water spots when water dries on the vehicle, 303 admits this, but according to the 303 Graphene R&D lab manager, David Gutierrez, the water spots won't etch into the coating and are "extremely easy to remove by just wiping them off".
I topped my CQuartz UK 3.0 with Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray for the winter, and it is incredibly glossy but it does attract a lot of dust for some reason.

Thanks yes.. I got water spot etching from the 4 coats of the Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray. VW and this red GTI is new to me and this is the first car in my lifetime where I got etching into the paint after coating the car. If any of these coatings are so durable I dont understand how rain water just etches into the paint... Im hoping its the TW i used and not the GTI clearcoat/paint. Judging from using it on other cars...I think its the TW product.

I have much less dust with the TW Seal and Shine and it is seems to be keeping the water spots from etching so far.

I look forward to hearing about the 303 graphene if anyone gets it. Could also wait for other manufacturers to come out with a graphene?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Thanks yes.. I got water spot etching from the 4 coats of the Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray. VW and this red GTI is new to me and this is the first car in my lifetime where I got etching into the paint after coating the car. If any of these coatings are so durable I dont understand how rain water just etches into the paint... Im hoping its the TW i used and not the GTI clearcoat/paint. Judging from using it on other cars...I think its the TW product.

I have much less dust with the TW Seal and Shine and it is seems to be keeping the water spots from etching so far.

I look forward to hearing about the 303 graphene if anyone gets it. Could also wait for other manufacturers to come out with a graphene?
I hear you man. With hybrid ceramic I wait 24 hours before taking the car out. And if I get in the garage and the car was water droplets I whip out the leaf blower and get them off. This is truly hybrid ceramic’s worse attribute.

Luckily, every 6 months. I add a coat. Wait 24 hours and add a second coat. As a result if I do get a water spot it wipes off relatively easy. Though it’s still a pain in the ass

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
I ordered some 303 Nano Graphene from Detailed image.... No they don't have it in stock yet but they have a 25% coupon for the next 3 days.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
So I received the 303 Nano Graphene spray and used it on my wife's car (my test subject). My wife's car is a '15 Passat and sees a lot of miles (400-500 week), so we shall notice pretty quickly how the 303 handles the elements and miles.

A couple things I've noticed:

1. Love the application, so much better than the TW Ceramic Spray, meaning it's easy to see coverage, goes on smoothly, goes off super easy.
2. Love how it hazes over like old school wax, letting you know it's ready to be removed. Also helps with finding missed spots.
3. Chemical smell, not mango like TW (which I like).
4. The process went so well I decided to do the windows, what I found was while I was applying the 303, I would get a static shock when I touched the metal window trim or on any body part that touched metal (belly, thank goodness my manhood was clear when leaning over the car), but when it was dry and I was wiping it off, I would NOT get a shock. (your thoughts?)
5. After application it is NOT as slick as the TW Ceramic spray (which is on my car).
6. Gloss appears to be the same as the TW Ceramic spray (which is excellent).
7. I used less than a 1/3rd of the bottle and I covered everything heavily because that's how I do...always using too much ;-)

IMG_8406.jpeg

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Its sold out right now. Well have to wait for people who got some to see how it does. Im interested in how well it does with a water spots more so than how long it last.

My tornado red did not do well with the turtle wax hybrid solutions..bad water spots that etched into the paint. Its doing much better with turtle wax seal and shine.
My wife’s tornado red took to tw hybrid ceramic spray just fine. It’s all on the correction
613B1EEB-9B6B-4425-BF11-A082A0FE7128.jpeg

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
So I received the 303 Nano Graphene spray and used it on my wife's car (my test subject). My wife's car is a '15 Passat and sees a lot of miles (400-500 week), so we shall notice pretty quickly how the 303 handles the elements and miles.

A couple things I've noticed:

1. Love the application, so much better than the TW Ceramic Spray, meaning it's easy to see coverage, goes on smoothly, goes off super easy.
2. Love how it hazes over like old school wax, letting you know it's ready to be removed. Also helps with finding missed spots.
3. Chemical smell, not mango like TW (which I like).
4. The process went so well I decided to do the windows, what I found was while I was applying the 303, I would get a static shock when I touched the metal window trim or on any body part that touched metal (belly, thank goodness my manhood was clear when leaning over the car), but when it was dry and I was wiping it off, I would NOT get a shock. (your thoughts?)
5. After application it is NOT as slick as the TW Ceramic spray (which is on my car).
6. Gloss appears to be the same as the TW Ceramic spray (which is excellent).
7. I used less than a 1/3rd of the bottle and I covered everything heavily because that's how I do...always using too much ;-)

View attachment 191524
That looks really really good. My sister used it on her sti with no kind of correction before hand and it still looked magnificent

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Update since November:
So this weekend I was able to wash both my car (Golf R garage queen>75 miles/week) and my wife's car (Passat TDI 400-500miles/week daily driver) and get all the road salt, sand and road grime off. We live in Michigan so we've had rain, sleet, snow and ice. The Golf R looks great (CQuartz UK w/TW Hybrid Ceramic spray topper) but has no water beading, I even topped it with the TW 3in1 detail spray a month ago and it's pretty dead, flat water shedding, water sticking. The Passat I used the 303 Graphene (Adam's Ceramic coating 303 Graphene topper) on still beads and looks incredible! Even though it sees many more miles than my garage queen, much more weather both good and bad, more grime and salt, etc., the 303 Graphene car is much cleaner and better protected than the R. Water, and grime shed off much easier.
All that said, the Passat has a base coat of Adam's Ceramic coating and the Golf R has a base coat of CQuartz UK 3.0, so I'm not sure how that may effect the results but hand washing both this weekend, the 303 Graphene topped car is doing better than the TW Ceramic spray car.
Come this spring, I'll polish and wax the Golf R with the new Turtle Wax To the Max Wax and see if that Graphene product can last like the 303, because the 303 is kicking a$$.