GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2nd GTD in a row FTW!!!

speedfr38ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Had a lovely mk7 GTD in night blue. 5 door manual. No options other than sat nav. Had it since Sept 2014. Loved it in every way. Such a good all round car. And very ergonomical for my height 6'4". Found it super comfy and as refined on a long journey as a much bigger car.

Wrote it off last week in a bit of a silly prang.

Decided to replace it with another one as I couldnt think of a better alternative for the money. £3k deposit and £340 pcm.

Looked at a 3 series m sport and a jag XE but both required double the deposit and you didnt gain anything over the golf in terms of spec and what they could offer engine wise economy wise or practicality wise. Even things like the adaptive cruise (standard on the golf ) were extra.
Was a no brainer imho. Ok with the other two id have gained RWD and a bit more "dynamic feel" but reckon the GTD would run rings round them in a back road dust up as its so much lighter with same torque and bhp.

Guess it just goes to show what a great car the GTD is.

This time am going for carbon black, with a sunroof and sat nav Standard 5 door manual otherwise. Though I believe sat nav is now standard as is keyless entry, which wasnt the case the first time round!

Derf

Ready to race!
Funny, keyless entry, sat nav, adaptive cruise, and sunroof are not standard in the US. You need to step up to the SE model for keyless entry and sunroof. You need to step up to the Autobahn model for Sat Nav. Adaptive Cruise is an option package you can buy on the SE or Autobahn model.

We really are getting shafted although we are such a strong buying force.

chrisreynolds19

Passed Driver's Ed
Im interested in the finance youve got, my car was £1100 deposit and £360 PM over 47 months with a 25k mileage allowance. My car has DCC, Dynaudio and S&S pack and was £31k

speedfr38ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Im interested in the finance youve got, my car was £1100 deposit and £360 PM over 47 months with a 25k mileage allowance. My car has DCC, Dynaudio and S&S pack and was £31k

Hey Chris,

No dealer ive ever been to re. a GTD has been able to get me a car on PCP for under £350pcm without a £3k deposit!! Need to speak to wherever you got yours me thinks!! Please tell ??!!

Kind regards,
Adam.

speedfr38ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Good choice. Just get it remapped now:D.

Rappy:cool:

Funny you say this Rappy - I had my first GTD remapped after its first service but had it taken off due to annoying flywheel judder pulling in high gears and returned to stock despite tweaking it down. Think the guys that I went to first time round also didn't develop the map on one of their own cars hence the problem and modified the tune from the "same engine" on the 180ps Audi A3.....

I have spoken to another forum member (Waggers) very informative and helpful forum member who has the specific GTD carbonchip tune on his manual and he's not had a problem with it at all. So will give them a try once i've done a week or so of driving the new one and see what happens.

Kjhcambs

Ready to race!
I looked at Jags, BMW but for the money the VW GTD but couldn't really say they were better than a GTD. Its great all round car in a great sized package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Wrote it off last week in a bit of a silly prang.

!

What happened, I'm hoping it took a bit more than a "silly prang" to write it off. The main thing you survived, cars are metal boxes that can be replaced

speedfr38ky

Passed Driver's Ed
What happened, I'm hoping it took a bit more than a "silly prang" to write it off. The main thing you survived, cars are metal boxes that can be replaced

Ah mate it was so billyish honestly im seriously embarrassed about it as I am a pretty experienced driver and a rospa gold advanced driver! Was only about 15mph but in the pouring rain in traffic doing no more than that. Both myself and car infront skidded on what we can only assume was diesel spillage - neither car could stop. He went into the car in front and I went into the back of him. Crazy as I always keep a good distance to car infront.
Ruined my front end as my bonnet went under his back bumper and crunched the bonnet up and smashed thru grill etc. All airbags deployed hence why it was a write off! If his car hadnt been so high then my bumper would have met his and probably not even got any noticable damage.
Thank heavens I took out GAP insurance which has covered a replacement vehicle.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Ah mate it was so billyish honestly im seriously embarrassed about it as I am a pretty experienced driver and a rospa gold advanced driver! Was only about 15mph but in the pouring rain in traffic doing no more than that. Both myself and car infront skidded on what we can only assume was diesel spillage - neither car could stop. He went into the car in front and I went into the back of him. Crazy as I always keep a good distance to car infront.
Ruined my front end as my bonnet went under his back bumper and crunched the bonnet up and smashed thru grill etc. All airbags deployed hence why it was a write off! If his car hadnt been so high then my bumper would have met his and probably not even got any noticable damage.
Thank heavens I took out GAP insurance which has covered a replacement vehicle.

Pleased to hear you are OK. I had an accident around 1yr ago in my GTD. It was repaired & to a good standard. It was touch & go if that would be written off.

How many miles & MY was your old GTD. Was it new or used?

Rappy:cool: