GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

#2542 after two weeks of ownership...VMR content..

slow91

Car Audio Guru
Bought the .:R two weeks ago in Dallas and have been busy with work, but not busy enough to lose a little sleep to personalize her to suit my tastes. :thumbsup:

Big thanks to Andrew @ Redline Motorsports for the awesome customer service....

BEFORE:

Both of my Dubs together....

Enjoy:

Pulled the front bumper cover and resprayed it. While it was off, I decided to install some S6 LED's in the lower grills....

HR springs...

R32 "smoked" tail lights...

19" VMR 714's wrapped with Yokohama S-Drive 225/35 tires...

Milltek cat-back (100mm tips)...

Not really sure what rear spoiler this is, but it was poorly mounted and flat black when I bought the car....we removed it and applied a fresh coat of CW and secured with some 3M....

VF Engineering intake....

ECS Tuning MKV rear storage tray, black knurled dash knob kit and .:R-line dead pedal will be here tomorrow...:biggrin:

Got some more things in the works, but need to work some more overtime to get 'em on the way....:smile:

slow91

Car Audio Guru
Nice! I really like the look of those wheels on CW... So is the GTI the daily? :biggrin:

Thank you. Yes it is...but on clear days I take her to work....I gotta hear that V6 sing with the Milltek behind it...:biggrin:

TablaRasa

Ready to race!
Pulled the front bumper cover and resprayed it. While it was off, I decided to install some S6 LED's in the lower grills....

Looking very crisp! CW FTW!!! By the way, how did you wire the S6 led lights? Does the city lights need to be turned on for it to work?

slow91

Car Audio Guru
Looking very crisp! CW FTW!!! By the way, how did you wire the S6 led lights? Does the city lights need to be turned on for it to work?

Just to get everything back together I wired them to my parking lights with a relay.

I am about to buy the Euro auto-headlamp switch and see what my options will be with VAG.

Looks great!! The V714s really look good and you can't go wrong with the Milltek system. Be sure to post some videos if you can.:biggrin:

Thanks again for the business.:thumbsup:

You've been busy! Looks great so far. Nice tire choice :)

Thank you. I love the Yoko S-Drive tires. I bought an 18-inch set two weeks ago for the stock .:R wheels and got trigger-happy and bought the V714's in 19's...:biggrin:

The 18's have less than 300 miles on them and "are fixing to go up for sale"....hint hint...ANYONE....?:wink: (225/40-18).

Redcloud

Ready to race!
Just to get everything back together I wired them to my parking lights with a relay.

I am about to buy the Euro auto-headlamp switch and see what my options will be with VAG.

Thank you. I love the Yoko S-Drive tires. I bought an 18-inch set two weeks ago for the stock .:R wheels and got trigger-happy and bought the V714's in 19's...:biggrin:

The 18's have less than 300 miles on them and "are fixing to go up for sale"....hint hint...ANYONE....?:wink: (225/40-18).

How much for the tires?

auto_d

sweeeet!

nice leds, neat look :)

hey would the tire pressure sensor be affected if you put on 19"s? like will the pressure light on the dashboard light up cuz you've changed your rims?

slow91

Car Audio Guru
I caught myself staring at these pictures again...the tips fill up the rear valence very nicely.:biggrin:

Lol...I thought so too. Very similar to my Jeep....:23:

slow91, how are you liking the R, compared with the GTI since you have both?

Zev, great question...honestly..it's been really hard to "pick". They both drive/handle so differently (depending on road conditions) it's sometime hard to believe they are both based on the MKV plaform...lol.

The .:R is more of a precise handling/refined feeling...really "tight" in the corners. One definate way I can tell is kinda funny: My radar detector bounces less on the exact same roads leading to my neighborhood in the .:R.

On the other hand, my Stage 2 GTI definately wins the straight-line-speed test. I had my friend B drive the GTI and we took off from around a 60 roll last week...he was in 3rd, and to my dismay "drove" right past me without down-shifting....:frown:

I kinda knew what the outcome was going to be...but wanted a starting point to se where my future "upgrades" were gonna show in the real world. I will definately be reporting back....:thumbsup:

How much for the tires?

Haven't given it much thought yet...but just paid $700 for them. Was thinking around $500 picked up locally or will possibly ship them....

sweeeet!

nice leds, neat look :)

hey would the tire pressure sensor be affected if you put on 19"s? like will the pressure light on the dashboard light up cuz you've changed your rims?

No issues there. Just make sure you air them up past 36 lbs. to reset them.