GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

24mm vs 26mm H&R RSB

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Oh, the Neuspeed is hollow? That's out for me, as the H&R is solid and will be more effective.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I went with H&R because I figured there would be great corporate synergy between it and my springs. Productivity is gonna be in the megabytes...

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Yeah, but unless we're talking about a very thick wall thickness and/or a much stronger material, the 26mm solid will still be stronger than a 27mm hollow. I had been under the impression that both were solid, so knowing that the NS isn't, I'll just stick to the H&R. I don't care about weight differences either, as I'd actually prefer to move a little weight back anyway and we're dealing with the lowest weight on the car, and it's entirely sprung too. I'm not saying I want to intentionally add weight, just that of all the places to try to save it, the back of the car wouldn't be my focus, similar to how the Moogs are heavier than the stock ones, but also much more solid. weight I'll happily accept.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I'm looking at getting a rear sway bar and see that the ST Suspension 25mm is about $100 cheaper than a comparable Neuspeed and H&R. It also has a 2 yr warranty as opposed to the 1 yr on the Neuspeed although the H&R comes with a lifetime warranty. Any reason to not save the $100?

I have the ST bar, paired with Moog endlinks. Noticeable reduction in body roll and understeer. Save the $100 - highly recommended.

Tim2K20GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
I have the ST bar, paired with Moog endlinks. Noticeable reduction in body roll and understeer. Save the $100 - highly recommended.

Thanks! For a car that's a daily driver like mine, The ST bar and Moog end links for a little over $200 seems like a great way to go.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Thanks! For a car that's a daily driver like mine, The ST bar and Moog end links for a little over $200 seems like a great way to go.

Yep. It's an OEM+ upgrade. No noise or adverse ride quality degradation.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Yeah, I ordered one last night after seeing that. When you go directly to the ST site though, they say it won't fit. Figure for the price it's worth a gamble on having to return it.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Yeah, I ordered one last night after seeing that. When you go directly to the ST site though, they say it won't fit. Figure for the price it's worth a gamble on having to return it.
Seems like they haven't updated it for the Mk7.5, I switched back to a Mk7 and it said it would fit. Since there's no difference in the Mk7 and Mk7.5 suspension, there can't be any reason it wouldn't fit.