GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

245/40/18 on stock suspension

funks

Ready to race!
43.4 lbs with MPSS 245/40R18, or around 19.2 or 19.4 lbs just the rim (Konig Ampliform - 18x8.5"). So basically 24 lbs for the 245/40R18 MPSS.

The tire is squared up with the 8.5 inch wheel and actually gives some rim protection against curbage.

Last edited:

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
Thanks for the replies and answering some questions for me. I'll try to get more pics when we have less rain and more light. The setup handling great after being scrubbed in more. Still playing with tire pressures to see what I like.

am215

Ready to race!
43.4 lbs with MPSS 245/40R18, or around 19.2 or 19.4 lbs just the rim (Konig Ampliform - 18x8.5"). So basically 24 lbs for the 245/45R18 MPSS.

The tire is squared up with the 8.5 inch wheel and actually gives some rim protection against curbage.

nice, when I ran 245/40 MP AS3 on 18x8.5 VMR V810 I think they came in around the same as the stock setup even though the wheels were 5-6 lbs lighter.

funks

Ready to race!
nice, when I ran 245/40 MP AS3 on 18x8.5 VMR V810 I think they came in around the same as the stock setup even though the wheels were 5-6 lbs lighter.

Correcting myself, the tires are actually 245/40R18 MPSS (not 45R18). I'll measure the weight of the Englishtown Wheels and Stock Tires when my R comes in.

It comes with 19x8 and the tires are 235/35/R19 I believe.

funks

Ready to race!
The stock 2018 Golf-R wheels with stock tires (Pirelli P-Zero)

Weight: 47.6 lbs..

Width Difference versus MPSS 245/40R18's (stockers are 235/35R19)

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Awesome man. Makes me want to pull my springs out.

Hows ride quality?

funks

Ready to race!
Awesome man. Makes me want to pull my springs out.

Hows ride quality?

I've only ridden on them for 5 miles or so - but pretty sure it'll absorb the bumps better than the 235/35R19's that came with the car.

Might get some added noise though, more tire surface area in contact when the ground.

echelonphoto

Ready to race!
let me know how they ride and handle...I am thinking of a set for my 15 gti pp same color,etc. I routinely travel at 90 mph...let me know how they feel at speed.

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
I'm still really liking 245/40/18s. You can really play with the pressure to get the ride you like too. Can run as low as 30ish PSI and have the same load rating as stock but a nice cushy ride, or you can air them up for pretty impressive response. They do make a little more noise than the stock sized AS3+, but they do just fine at higher speeds. Feels more stable and less twitchy to me.

ck23

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19 R (DSG) - Lapiz
Reviving this thread. I'm considering trying 255/40's with my soon to be set of wheels. Looking at a few different brands, but specs will be in the 18x8.5 et44 range. I'm on stock suspension, think I will have issues running this setup?