GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

235/35/19, What is your rubber of Choice? Michellin, Continentals or Pirrelis?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
agreed, suspect. bad advice.

i'll admit i'm a big fan of trawling the classifieds here and on vortex, as those are better places to source used wheels/tires from like-minded enthusiasts who take more pride in the care, maintenance, upkeep and are less likely to be attempting to deceive.

I have gotten a lot of high quality parts for really good prices this way. I got the Neuspeed CEL-free downpipe for the Golf R, which retails for $1399, with less than 5K miles on it for $500. This part is discontinued due to the EPA going after the main manufacturers of aftermarket, non-CARB approved performance DPs.

So I got a discontinued, $1400 part for $500 shipped.

Also getting a set of 5 18x8.5 Neuspeed RSE10's in bronze wrapped in Michelin PSAS4, mounted+balanced from Neuspeed direct, with less than 500 miles on them for $2K next week. Guy spent $3K on them right before selling his car.

Nothing wrong with sourcing lightly used stuff for a steal, but advising people to go to craigslist as a "go-to" is just not really great business in my opinion.
Bro that’s a freaking steal!

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I had picked up a set of PSS for my last car and then stumbled onto a deal on a R and jumped ship. Sold brand new still in the tire rack packaging 245/40/19 275/35/19 tires for $800 :cry:

Oreganoflow

I daily drive Pirelli Pzero Corsa's which on my setup were far better than the set of PSC2 that were on my standard Pzero's were almost as sticky. I did try a set of PS4S for a few days and removed them was not impressed I had the same issue as some R8 drivers on my setup.

View attachment 191998View attachment 191999
View attachment 192002

I'm gonna call BS on these PSC2 and PS4S claims. The only exception being the PSC2 need to be up to temp before pushing them.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
For road tires, Michelin are consistently at the top of the class for a reason. Pirelli are almost always right behind them. Track tires are a different story and open up some additional options.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I daily drive Pirelli Pzero Corsa's which on my setup were far better than the set of PSC2 that were on my standard Pzero's were almost as sticky. I did try a set of PS4S for a few days and removed them was not impressed I had the same issue as some R8 drivers on my setup.

View attachment 191998View attachment 191999
View attachment 192002
I have these same wheels but in bronze! Considering powder coating them your color if they hold up over time, which they are in fact doing well on. I have Firehawks on mine.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Whatever is cheapest on Craigslist or FB marketplace. I scored a set of brand new westlakes for $200 mounted.
Single dads gotta dad my man. No shame here from me.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
PS4, there is no substitute. Costco is running $150 off Michelins right now and America's Tire/Discount Tire will PM them too if you dont have a Costco Membership

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Switched from the Continental extreme contacts to PS$ all seasons. Man never knew an "All season" could be this good. I wanted something that could go year round and these are phenomenal.