GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

235/35/19, What is your rubber of Choice? Michellin, Continentals or Pirrelis?

LuckyGTD

Car(s)
VW Golf GTD mk7
I fell in love with Michelin PS4s. Amazing grip capabilities which to date have not been matched!
However, looking to buy a new set of four now what would you recommend?

GTD MK7 with
Sport and Sound Pack (Straight pipe)
19" Santiago
Oryx Mother of Pearl (see pics for the silk effect on this paintwork! really sets it off from the standard white)
untitled12.png

Attachments

• untitled123.png
    untitled123.png
    11.7 MB · Views: 136

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I've owed all three through the years, but lately only Continentals (stock) and the PS4S replacements. I feel Michelins are still the best if you don't mind spending the money. If you live in an area with cold or snow you might want to check out the newer all-season version of the PS4S that can take tempatures under 4*C.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Only performance tires I’ve ever ran were AS3+ on my previous GTI. I enjoyed the performance, but I’m really a 80/20 performance/comfort guy, especially now that I own an Alltrack, so I am trying to decide between DWS06 and the new PSAS4 (? PS4AS?).

I also really value longevity, I am simply not at the financial point in my life to afford $700+ tires every 25-30K. Pretty sure DWS06 will go 40K+ Which is very attractive to me.

so I’m likely going to try DWS06 on this go-around, and see which one I prefer.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Only performance tires I’ve ever ran were AS3+ on my previous GTI. I enjoyed the performance, but I’m really a 80/20 performance/comfort guy, especially now that I own an Alltrack, so I am trying to decide between DWS06 and the new PSAS4 (? PS4AS?).

I also really value longevity, I am simply not at the financial point in my life to afford $700+ tires every 25-30K. Pretty sure DWS06 will go 40K+ Which is very attractive to me.

so I’m likely going to try DWS06 on this go-around, and see which one I prefer.

DWS06 will absolutely go 40,000+ miles, I got them to and I BEAT ON THEM. NYC commutes (five days a week) and a lot of spirited driving. They were replaced at 44,800 miles of use with.... another set of DWS06. :)

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Michelin is always years ahead of the competition and they’re the only one that can offset your new set depending on how the previous set performed and how many miles you got out of it.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Michelin is always years ahead of the competition and they’re the only one that can offset your new set depending on how the previous set performed and how many miles you got out of it.
What do you mean by "offset your new set"?

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
I daily drive Pirelli Pzero Corsa's which on my setup were far better than the set of PSC2 that were on my standard Pzero's were almost as sticky. I did try a set of PS4S for a few days and removed them was not impressed I had the same issue as some R8 drivers on my setup.

thumbnail_Image.jpg
6291188B-0F00-4FD3-A3D8-BFCA49C5A861.jpeg

610A4202-2FE4-48B9-AA35-02A89B7353C2.jpeg

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
What do you mean by "offset your new set"?
I only got 12k miles out of my first set of 4S’s. Using the Michelin warranty they were like “LOL no bro at best I’m giving you free shipping and the military discount”

I only got 25k from the first set of 4S’s on my Subaru. Michelin discounted 300$ and gave me free shipping and that’s including a military discount too on a new set of 4S’s.

The initial investment is costly. Sure. But they do take care of you man.

when my track banned cup 2’s the guys showed Michelin proof. And were able to trade up their cup2’s for other Michelin options. At huge huge discounts too.

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
I had Falken FK510s on my G35 before I got my R. I swear by those tires now for my daily drivers. I’ve had Indy 500s, Comp-2s, AS3+, and the OEM Contis. I would say that the FK510s are more comfortable Contis.

They provide good grip (as good as Indy500s, better than the Contis/Comp2/AS3+) but the wet is where they absolutely shine. I have never driven tires that perform as well in the wet as those. They also have somewhat softer sidewalls so the NVH is very good as well. They are competitively priced too.