GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2023 golf R anyone?

WhyGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Local dealership keeps contacting me about my 2019 Golf R. These places are predatory anymore. I toyed with them over a year ago seeing what they might pay for my car. Obviously extremely lowball. Contacted me again, which I ignored. But look at what they want for a 2023 Golf R. Do NOT trade or work with these dealers. They are scum bags that will screw you hard as they can.

https://www.lithiarenovw.com/new/Vo...-reno-nv-ac17c48f0a0e0a947ffd95dc975733f2.htm

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
That price made me giggle. We have Lithia-owned dealers here too, and they are better than some dealers here. We have one Honda dealer here in College Station, Allen Honda, and their monopoly on the market has gone to their heads. They add 2k worth of "stuff" to any car on their lot, and will refuse to sell you a car if you don't agree to pay it. Sadly some folks dont know any better and just pay it. Things like "glass protection, paint sealant, premium tire inflation (wtf? LOL), GPS activation and service" .. and some other crap. 2K worth of bs items. Im bitching about them because I know how many folks they are screwing over and it pisses me off. I was going to get a Civic for my daughter and had a few rounds with the Sales Manager. He simply replied " you will pay these fees, otherwise, go buy a car somewhere else." -- OK Mr. Sales Manager, I will do exactly that. Must be cool to be able to afford to say that. They still sell so many Honda's, that they can afford to say whatever the hell they want. Sad...

Edited: they dropped it down to $2k worth of junk, not 3..lol.

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I wonder if this is the same one I saw people talking about the other day. If it's not then there's another one out there with $20k markup. They had a $10k dealer markup and then they added another $10k that they said would be going to a charity.

Add another $5k and you have what I paid for my rs3. lol

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
I heard the$10k to charity meme is a scheme for the tax write off... I guess technically the charity does get the money, but they still pocket the entire 20k markup in the end...
The excuse seems that a lot of dealers got a single Golf R for the year, so they are just playing around with us.

Sucks to be in the market for a car... part of the problem is VW supply?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I heard the$10k to charity meme is a scheme for the tax write off... I guess technically the charity does get the money, but they still pocket the entire 20k markup in the end...
The excuse seems that a lot of dealers got a single Golf R for the year, so they are just playing around with us.

Sucks to be in the market for a car... part of the problem is VW supply?
The inventory issues don't seem to be near as bad as it is with the RS3. I got 74 results for new and used 2022+ Rs on a nationwide search. They're rare, but they're not that rare. That should be enough inventory that you could find a dealer more willing to work with you. I wish I would have had that many cars to pick from. If I do that same search for RS3s right now I only get 13 results.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
When I was toying with the idea of an MK8, I reached out to a couple local dealers that had some incoming. Best response I could get was $5k ADM. Which is still ludicrous. This is a fancy Golf.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Local dealership keeps contacting me about my 2019 Golf R. These places are predatory anymore. I toyed with them over a year ago seeing what they might pay for my car. Obviously extremely lowball. Contacted me again, which I ignored. But look at what they want for a 2023 Golf R. Do NOT trade or work with these dealers. They are scum bags that will screw you hard as they can.

https://www.lithiarenovw.com/new/Vo...-reno-nv-ac17c48f0a0e0a947ffd95dc975733f2.htm

That entire dealership is full of assclown. From the sales to the parts, total waste of time to even stop by to have them look things up.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
What kills me is the Bronco has been out for a couple years now, and Dealers still want 10k over. Best I have negotiated so far is 7k over, but they whine and complain that its a Badlands Sasquatch and REALLY should collect the 10k over. I said ok go get 10k, but your not getting that from me. 70k for an inflated Bronco price and I will just go get the LR Defender that can actually tow my GTI around. Bitches.. let me have it for the 55k MSRP ya asshats lol.

WhyGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
What’s even funnier is that car is no longer on their website. Hopefully somebody didn’t pay that much for it but I’m sure they still way over paid.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Lots of dealers move it over to the used side to try to claim sales tax has already been paid on it and they're just trying to recover their money. I paid MSRP in January, I know plenty of others have too. With the CTR and GRolla out now (albeit just as much or more ADM) it should reduce the number of stupid VW dealers trying to gouge folks.

The Bronco is another story. I'd have one if they weren't all being dicks, but they are. So f that car, and that brand.

WhyGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
They’ve also called me and want to trade my 2019 Golf R in for a new GTI. And they’re asking well over 40k for a GTI. So spend more money & downgrade? Makes sense. These people are legal thieves. Don’t work with them at all.