GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2023 golf R anyone?

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
They’ve also called me and want to trade my 2019 Golf R in for a new GTI. And they’re asking well over 40k for a GTI. So spend more money & downgrade? Makes sense. These people are legal thieves. Don’t work with them at all.
I got one of those canned offers in the mail the other day, selling dealership wants my '19 R back in trade, offering a freaking Taos (!!) in its place. Are these marketing companies (and the dealerships that pay them) on glue or what?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I got one of those canned offers in the mail the other day, selling dealership wants my '19 R back in trade, offering a freaking Taos (!!) in its place. Are these marketing companies (and the dealerships that pay them) on glue or what?
Its just marketing strategy. I usually get two around the same time, one is downgrade offer that "saves" me money, the second is a upgrade offer at "near" the same payment and that I should reward myself. They gamble that you will choose one or the other.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion

Its just marketing strategy. I usually get two around the same time, one is downgrade offer that "saves" me money, the second is a upgrade offer at "near" the same payment and that I should reward myself. They gamble that you will choose one or the other.

My favorite is the one that appears to be a handwritten post-it note from the GM to the SM saying how much they need [customer's name] car immediately and to offer top dollar.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
Finally found a 2023 Golf R for sale yesterday. Arriving at Camelback VW in Scottsdale AZ on 6/1.

Called and spoke with the sales department yesterday. We chatted for a few mins and I learned that no one had reserved the car. Was told that I could not put down a deposit and to reserve the car, I would need to actually buy it first. I then asked if there would be a markup. The response was utterly ridiculous.

Them: "Yes, I have a markup on my new Golf Rs. The average is around 10 thousand dollars."

Me: "Have a nice day, click"

I'm leaving this information here to hopefully keep someone from doing business with these crooks. Near 60k for a Golf has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. After TTL, fees, etc, You are looking in the neighborhood of 65k OTD. The worst part, people are paying this.

Save yourself, people.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I learned over the last several days that my local dealer, in discussion about a Tiggy SEL 4 motion, that a black R is inbound to them. Because I couldn't help myself I asked what the asking price would be, they replied "not sure yet, too easy to sell." I am trying to argue to the other half that we would still be getting AWD.. :ROFLMAO: . She is insisting on the Tiguan being blue (because Im stupid and showed her the color), and they sold the white one we were looking at. There is a blue one in Austin, but my dealer cant get it because they dont have an SEL to trade anymore. IDK what to do but its not going to end well. They also have 3 GTI inbound.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I learned over the last several days that my local dealer, in discussion about a Tiggy SEL 4 motion, that a black R is inbound to them. Because I couldn't help myself I asked what the asking price would be, they replied "not sure yet, too easy to sell." I am trying to argue to the other half that we would still be getting AWD.. :ROFLMAO: . She is insisting on the Tiguan being blue (because Im stupid and showed her the color), and they sold the white one we were looking at. There is a blue one in Austin, but my dealer cant get it because they dont have an SEL to trade anymore. IDK what to do but its not going to end well. They also have 3 GTI inbound.
Both Austin dealers have an ADM though, so you likely wouldn't get that out of their hands for a reasonable price.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Both Austin dealers have an ADM though, so you likely wouldn't get that out of their hands for a reasonable price.
Probably not, I would never pay an ADM as cars are already overpriced even at MSRP. We have a Honda dealer here that marks up EVERY new car 2k because they have the market cornered. People keep paying it too because they think it is normal pricing. I plead to everyone I know in this town shopping Honda to go somewhere else. They ask why, so I tell them. Their responses are always amusing.

Trollin86

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Alltrack SE DSG
Sat in a 20th Anniversary R at Stohlman VW in Tysons Corner, VA today. They have a $10K ADM on that car. They have another black one, a non 20th DSG. They want $5K ADM for that one, plus a crappy "REPEL PROTECTION" package for $1499 and an $899 processing fee.

I told the friendly salesman I would offer $500 for ADM, deny the repel protection and pay their sky high dealer processing fee. It was no dice. Good thing it wasn't white or blue as I would've gone down a rabbit hole of negotiation with them.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Sat in a 20th Anniversary R at Stohlman VW in Tysons Corner, VA today. They have a $10K ADM on that car. They have another black one, a non 20th DSG. They want $5K ADM for that one, plus a crappy "REPEL PROTECTION" package for $1499 and an $899 processing fee.

I told the friendly salesman I would offer $500 for ADM, deny the repel protection and pay their sky high dealer processing fee. It was no dice. Good thing it wasn't white or blue as I would've gone down a rabbit hole of negotiation with them.
The NoVA dealers are crooks... I know everyone slobs Lindsay's knob but all the sales departments around here feel crooked to me. I know back in the day we used to have the best deals but I think those are over. A bit surprising considering VWoA HQ is right there in Herndon.