GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Golf R - 315HP 310lb/ft TQ

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Funny thing is it actually worked the other way around for me.

I went in to buy a GTI. Walked away with an R.
Same for me until I found out the 18R didn't have an opening center console which I had to have because of being a delivery guy who needs all the interior cubby hole space I can get.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
At the dealer getting service and window regulator replaced on wife Outback. Didn't see a single new car on the lot.

I drive by an Auto Mall on the way to work, 5 different brands, each had 3 or 4 new vehicles on the lot. Some to one of the sales guys at the Jerp place and he said you have to order a car and wait if you want something.

aloha_from_bradley

Drag Racing Champion
Same for me until I found out the 18R didn't have an opening center console which I had to have because of being a delivery guy who needs all the interior cubby hole space I can get.

You can take the screws out. But yeah, the '19 has the opening and ratcheting center console.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 R
My 18 has the ratcheting center console door.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 R
Is there a lid that opens with the space inside like the GTI? The one that I sat in the center console didn't open.
Yea, I was confused for a second so I watched a video and if it was locked with the screw then the center console wouldn't have the ratcheting armrest either. Mines not like that though, it has the armrest you can change the height.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yea, I was confused for a second so I watched a video and if it was locked with the screw then the center console wouldn't have the ratcheting armrest either. Mines not like that though, it has the armrest you can change the height.
Thanks. The one I was in if I remember correctly just moved forward and backwards. When I tried to open the lid the salesman said it doesn't open. It worked out for the best anyway because with the miles I drive the R would have cost more to maintain.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE - 3 Pedals
So 358mm front rotors with presumably 2 piston floaters. Not sexy, but should be much better than the old one piston floaters.

Sparky589

Go Kart Champion
This has to be the first wheel design to come out of VW since the Pretoria's that I actually like.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE - 3 Pedals
This has to be the first wheel design to come out of VW since the Pretoria's that I actually like.
The R or GTI wheel? I just dislike the whole two tone thing, Belvedere included. The Pretoria must have been from a whole different supplier.