GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Formula 1 Season

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Edit: and no more vomit-green! Hooray!
X165165165813564, seriously, who tf gave that the ok.

Williams sidepod detail. The side impact crash structure is dividing cooling underneath and looks like the top section is designed for directing air over the associated rads and out the back for airflow management (regurgitated info I've read in a few places). Plus we get a peek under the sidepods too. These aero regs are such a refreshing change.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Ferrari sidepod details...

and one of the front, apparently Ferrari is looking into who leaked photos of the car.

Also, Masi is confirmed as no longer being the race director.

Last edited:

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Ferrari sidepod details...

brb need to change shorts

I can kind of image what they're trying to do with the shapes and profiles, and I'm incredibly curious to see how it turns out. I doubt it'll ever happen, but I'd love to see a windtunnel test or a CFD render for them.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Man, the Ferrari looks SO damn good. I hope it wins races. The sidepods just look soooo cool.

I did like the Merc black, but it's nice to see them back in silver. I like their performance hubcaps.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Agreed, I really hope they are as fast as they are good looking.

Not gonna lie, I'm gonna miss the black Mercs. More so annoyed by them stamping the Mercedes star all over the back again.

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
What's up with the inner fender wings? Is that a new rule for this year?

My guess is to help control turbulent wake from the tires. From last year's regs, the front wing did most of the prep for that, but the front wings are much, much more simple this year.

Also Andretti just paid the 200 mil to enter in 2024.

Nice! Hopefully we'll get a legitimate American team this time around. Not an American team in name only, which then turns into a Russian team.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Alpine livery, the mainly pink one will be ran at the first two races to promote the new partnership with BWT. :rolleyes:

And a Ferrari with no sponsors...