GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Formula 1 Season

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I'm so glad that the TV director didn't needlessly focus on Max for more than a couple instances. He truly was on cruise control, there was nothing interesting happening at the front.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
I'm so glad that the TV director didn't needlessly focus on Max for more than a couple instances. He truly was on cruise control, there was nothing interesting happening at the front.
Agreed.

I miss last year when Ham and Max would go off and finish half a minute ahead of the grid while fighting for 1st. The outcome of last year aside, the action throughout the 2021 season was just too good.

I'm really hoping Merc is as competitive as they say they will be next year. If they are, we might have a glimmer of hope for a 3 way title battle. This is assuming Ferrari gets it together..... but that's a lot of shit to get together.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
^ Early bird gets the worm, beat me to it.

Looks like Ferrari will never learn... Kimi will be the last Ferrari WDC forever if they keep this up.

DangerDane2008

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GSW TDI DSG
Ferrari was actually competitive this year. Sure there was a lot of goofy ass avoidable mistakes this year, but all of that mess could have been ironed out. Should have stayed another year to work it out.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion

"Lovely place for dinner, isn't it?"

:Tire marbles flying into their food and faces:

"WHAT?!"

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo

"Lovely place for dinner, isn't it?"

:Tire marbles flying into their food and faces:

"WHAT?!"
bring your racecar catching mits folks

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Interesting, what y'all think? To me, it feels pretty artificial.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/...-for-2026-could-include-reverse-drs/10406751/

When I first heard the "reverse DRS" thing, I was thinking like an active increase in aero for the trailing car going in to certain twisties, which could be cool.

This now sounds like an increase in drag/downforce for the leading car down the straights with no corresponding decrease for the trailing car, so that passes aren't just DRS+Tow gg ez and would instead ideally get done in the turns after the straight. If they really wanted to get funky with it, they could do the drag increase proportional to time gap?

Of the two I think I'd prefer the increase for the trailing car through turns.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
They sure do like complicating stuff.

On a side note anyone with an iPhone and latest OS can add an F1 widget that lets you know when the next race is in relation to your time zone. App is called Formulify.

1669996817054.png