GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 HPDE Plans

How many HPDE days do you plan for 2021?

• Total voters

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
NCRC just sent out their 2021 calendar and I plan to add a few of their events to my plans for the upcoming year. They have a 105db weekend at Laguna on 4/10-11 and now that I drive a car that is guaranteed to blow sound on 90-95db days I had better take advantage of it. I had a good time bombing around Thunderhill West for a half day with the SCCA last year and NCRC is there on Saturday 3/27 so I will likely sign up. They are also at Sonoma on Friday, 5/28, and that strikes me as a great way to kick off a Memorial Day weekend.

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
@R Golf I'm officially signed up to run at the Glen on 5/3 (VW discount) long course day. Hope to see you there.

Anyone else interested in joining? Would be fun to get a crew of VW people together.

Edit: Also updated the list in my prior post with current and corrected info/dates.

I'm now 50/50 on being able to hit the Glen on those dates. I'm hoping I can do it. Love that track and it would be nice to meet up with soe of the VW group.

I'll be posting full schedule some time in January.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
NCRC just sent out their 2021 calendar and I plan to add a few of their events to my plans for the upcoming year. They have a 105db weekend at Laguna on 4/10-11 and now that I drive a car that is guaranteed to blow sound on 90-95db days I had better take advantage of it. I had a good time bombing around Thunderhill West for a half day with the SCCA last year and NCRC is there on Saturday 3/27 so I will likely sign up. They are also at Sonoma on Friday, 5/28, and that strikes me as a great way to kick off a Memorial Day weekend.
I may join you 4/10&11 at LS, I’ve never run with NCRC but they seem like good people. Might be my first event of next season. 5/28 at Sonoma sounds like a good date too.

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
I may join you 4/10&11 at LS, I’ve never run with NCRC but they seem like good people. Might be my first event of next season. 5/28 at Sonoma sounds like a good date too.

I've done 9 days with NCRC since 2015. They are generally well organized and don't tolerate bad behavior out on track. I usually run in their point by group which allows passing with a point anywhere on track, and at Laguna, open passing between T11 and T2, T4 and T5, and T5 and T6. Their solo group only allows passing on straights, also with a point. There were 4 of us at the last NCRC Laguna event we did in July. Dark Arrow from this forum, a friend I first met in the BMWCCA who currently drives a GT350, and another friend I know from the Audi club who drives a heavily modified Mk2 TTRS.

AERO

Go Kart Newbie
Do you frequent high plains?

Might be on my hitlist next year since it's across i70!

Consider coming out to Heartland Motorsports Park! It's an awesome and fast track

Yeah, I do HPR a lot. 5 or 6 times a year. Its a fantastic track. Total hidden gem.

If you ever want to go shoot me a message!

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
So much runoff there! High Plains has been on my agenda the last 3 years, but just hasn't happened yet. I can't wait for next year's schedule of events to drop :D

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R

I really enjoyed the one time I visited Laguna with NCRC on 11/2018, they only had four run groups which meant 5 heats. Well organized, good group for sure.