GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 HPDE Plans

How many HPDE days do you plan for 2021?

• Total voters

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
As long as I am now signed up for my first HPDE for 2021 then it seems like a good time to start a 2021 thread. I'll be at Thunderhill East for 3 days with the Audi club on Jan 22-24. We will be running lead/follow clinics for the instructors at an advanced driver day on Friday, then putting that new skill intro practice for novice and lower intermediate drivers for the school on the weekend. More advanced drivers will receive coaching based on trackside observation from our instructors. The event is open for registration in motorsportsreg.com, and membership in the Audi club is required.

I will probably end up doing a dozen days this coming year.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I am shooting for 7-9 days this year. Probably about 1 per month from March - October. Would like to try an overnight camp at Laguna Seca one weekend.

Might not be all in the GTI though. My girlfriend is about to buy a BRZ and wants to start tracking. I could end up becoming the support vehicle :oops:

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
Someone on this forum floated the idea of having forum members meet up at a track somewhere in the middle of the country. Cool idea if we can get the virus under control and life returns to normal. Maybe late next year?

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Someone on this forum floated the idea of having forum members meet up at a track somewhere in the middle of the country. Cool idea if we can get the virus under control and life returns to normal. Maybe late next year?
Count me in. I'm planning to do most of my track days this year in the Miata, but would love an excuse to road trip the GTI and get in some laps with a group of other VW owners. Road America (in WI) could be cool.

I've already paid for 5 events with SCDA for the 2021 season but planning for hopefully around 10 events for the year (want to try and hit the track every free weekend I have).

DateLocationNotes
Saturday 3/27/21Lime Rock ParkMorning Car Control Clinic and Afternoon Sessions
Sunday 4/25/21Palmer CCW
Monday 5/3/21Watkins Glen Long
Friday 5/14/21Lime Rock ParkMazda Discount
Thursday 6/17/21Palmer CCW
Friday 6/25/21Thompson Motorsports Park
Friday 7/23/21Thompson Motorsports ParkMazda Discount

Will also probably shoot for a few autoX events as well.

Last edited:

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
Cliff, this was a great idea to consolidate this info. Makes it so much easier to meet up with other members.

Going over my first pass this weekend and should have some dates early next week. Shooting for 10 days this hopefully non-Covid season.

I just rec'd an email from MassTuning. $100 discount per event (good until Monday midnight) with no limit to the number of discounts. May do a couple of days with them to check them out.

Last edited:

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
Count me in. I'm planning to do most of my track days this year in the Miata, but would love an excuse to road trip the GTI and get in some laps with a group of other VW owners. Road America (in WI) could be cool.

I've already paid for 5 events with SCDA for the 2021 season but planning for hopefully around 10 events for the year (want to try and hit the track every free weekend I have).

Only one I've locked in so far is the Car Control Clinic at Lime Rock on 3/27 AM and the HPDE same day PM. Here are the others I have my eye on w SCDA.

Sunday 4/25/21Palmer CCW
Monday 5/3/21Watkins Glen Long
Tuesday 5/4/21Watkins Glen Short
Friday 5/7/21Thompson
Friday 5/18/21Lime Rock ParkMazda Discount
Thursday 6/10/21Lime Rock Park
Friday 6/25/21Thompson

Will also probably shoot for a few autoX events as well.

Hope we can meet up at one or two events this year. I'm also shooting for 10 events this year. So far I only booked with MassTuning to take advantage of their $100 per event discount that expires tomorrow at Midnight. 7 sessions at Palmer @ $199 and Lime Rock $299 was too good to pass up. I'll finish my schedule in January after Summit Point posts their schedule.

We don't cross a lot because I like Palmer CW and I really like the 1-5 pm schedules at Lime Rock with SCDA and try to focus on them. Right now The Glen is a possibility 5/3-5/4. VW discount as well. Get that GTi ready! ;>) I think your 5/18 Lime Rock, SCDA date is actually 5/14.

Right now the 3 events are with MassTuning:
Lime Rock Sat. 3/20
Palmer CW Sat. 4/10
Palmer CW Sun. 10/3

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Registered for Streets of Willow on 1/31, today.

Hoping I can do 4 events Jan - June and then another 3 October - December.

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Hope we can meet up at one or two events this year. I'm also shooting for 10 events this year. So far I only booked with MassTuning to take advantage of their $100 per event discount that expires tomorrow at Midnight. 7 sessions at Palmer @ $199 and Lime Rock $299 was too good to pass up. I'll finish my schedule in January after Summit Point posts their schedule.

We don't cross a lot because I like Palmer CW and I really like the 1-5 pm schedules at Lime Rock with SCDA and try to focus on them. Right now The Glen is a possibility 5/3-5/4. VW discount as well. Get that GTi ready! ;>) I think your 5/18 Lime Rock, SCDA date is actually 5/14.

Right now the 3 events are with MassTuning:
Lime Rock Sat. 3/20
Palmer CW Sat. 4/10
Palmer CW Sun. 10/3
The Glen would be fun. I will mark that one on the calendar. The 1-5s actually make a lot of sense for me as well. Will see what I can do. Would be fun to catch up out there.

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
@R Golf I'm officially signed up to run at the Glen on 5/3 (VW discount) long course day. Hope to see you there.

Anyone else interested in joining? Would be fun to get a crew of VW people together.

Edit: Also updated the list in my prior post with current and corrected info/dates.

Last edited:

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Signed up for Auto Club Roval on 1/9/21, after getting a new PB of 1:54 last weekend I want to go back and see if I can trim so more off, still getting used to the extra power with my DBV2, working on smoother throttle control. Installing my KW Clubsports next week too

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Pretty sure this was me :). I'm 1hr from Heartland motorsports Park and that's a really awesome track. I'm also very willing to go to high plains, Cota, road America, ncm, hallett, gateway, autobahn cc, and pretty much anything else within 10 hrs towing.

I plan to make it out to ncm next year (since rona killed plans for it this year), and will likely try to make mid ohio. I'm planning on 6-10 weekends overall, and will likely do most in the Z with one in the GTI. I'm planning on autocrossing the gti, just can't make up my mind what class I want to do, not sure dsp allows hood louvres?

BGrade

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Signing up for LVMS outside road course on April 10th as soon as registration is open. Will be my first track day in the GTI. I used to instruct on that track so it will be fun to play with my own car out there.