GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 GTI - TCR Exhaust

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Congrats on the new car!

I also went with a TCR muffler, got it through e-acca as well. I had it installed last week. I wasn't able to find a suitable clamp to install it myself (I have a 2019 Rabbit) so I ended up going to a local shop to have it welded on. I also asked them to delete the reso at the same time.

I'm very happy with the sound since I didn't want anything loud or annoying. And the OEM+ look is a nice bonus. It is louder than OEM, and quieter than a full aftermarket exhaust system. I can barely hear it when cruising around town, but it does come alive when you step on it, especially in manual mode (I'm DSG). It purrs nicely at idle, and I love hearing the burbles when I start the car!

See this upgrade more as an evolution, rather than a revolution. If this is what you're looking for, then you will not be disappointed!

So you have any sound clips or videos.

I'm considering doing the same, getting rid of resonator and using the TCR.

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG

Were you course working at the FIRM when I was driving? I wouldn't blame you if you don't recall but I had the TCR muffler installed at that point.

Northern Rabbit

Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit

None yet. I'll try to do that soon.

Shark Blue GTI

Car(s)
'21 CFB GTI
My TCR muffler is getting installed next Friday on an otherwise stock '21. I'll upload one then.

Edit: also, does anyone know if '21 cars are being fitted with a GPF/OPF?

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
That sounds good. Did you find that muffler in Canuckiland, or did you have to import it?

Love to hear a vid at full WOT if you get a chance.