GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 GTI SE ordered!

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
not to mention they offer the 2021 SE with DCC. The 2021 SE is the same car as the Canadian 2019 Rabbit

Nah, the 2021 MK7.5 US GTI SE is the exact same specs as a 2019 Canadian-spec Rabbit. Includes the rabbit colors too
Did the Canucks get burdened with a sunroof though?

Tjbell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE DSG
Yeah, they are putting me in a production que 🙄. I'm my area there aren't many Gti's in general so there's that lol. But I'd rather blend in, I live in a small town and I feel they would pin me for everything lol

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
I drive the Midnight Blue MK7 and never see a GTI with the MNB. I was set on white, black or silver and didnt know about the MNB until I saw it online as a CPO. I have only seen 1 MNB MK7 in my area. Almost ended up getting a white MK7( glad i didnt). Everyone else got the common colors. Happy with being the very few MNB here in South FL

Last edited:

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I drive the Mindnight Blue MK7 and never see a GTI with the MNB. I was set on white, black or silver and didnt know about the MNB until I saw it online as a CPO. I have only seen 1 MNB MK7 in my area. Almost ended up getting a white MK7( glad i didnt). Everyone else got the common colors. Happy with being the very few MNB here in South FL
Yeah, it's a rare color. I like it when I see it, which as you said is pretty uncommon. I'm sure Great Falls is rare too, but perhaps for a reason (ducks.) Urano is my favorite Mk7 color, if only my silver one had been totaled a year later, I'd have been all over a Urano Rabbit.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
that blue!

white and red are my next choices I would have picked red but whenever I see a white one I like the look . I got black my least fav color. best deal by far and it was the end of Sport availability which was speced out the way I wanted.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I drive the Mindnight Blue MK7 and never see a GTI with the MNB. I was set on white, black or silver and didnt know about the MNB until I saw it online as a CPO. I have only seen 1 MNB MK7 in my area. Almost ended up getting a white MK7( glad i didnt). Everyone else got the common colors. Happy with being the very few MNB here in South FL

You mean night blue Metallic? Or is there another blue?

I have the mk7 sport in nbm and I've yet to see another one. I see silver and white, and black once.

I've also never once seen an R on the road where I live. I hate that the rarity is becoming a factor in my thinking about changing from the gti to the R. It's really kind of a stupid reason to be considering it.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Our Q5 is Midnight Blue. It looks black, or like a really dark grey. It takes noon sun on a cloudless day to see blue. It's not a color choice we'd make again. The dark blue GTI is a much better color.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Our Q5 is Midnight Blue. It looks black, or like a really dark grey. It takes noon sun on a cloudless day to see blue. It's not a color choice we'd make again. The dark blue GTI is a much better color.

what power plant does it have though

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
what power plant does it have though
Same basic thing, EA888 with an IS20, just the longitudinal version that makes a little more power. I think we'll likely replace it with the 55 version which is the plug in hybrid. Quicker than the SQ5, more efficient than the non hybrid. Although she wants an eTron, so that's probably what we'll get.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Is the 2021 the one that looks like a minivan?

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
The q5 has the b cycle engine, pretty different from ours in practice. I also have a b9 q5 and it's a great car, love the dsg and the design of the car overall. It's the best of it's generation in midsize SUV's.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
The q5 has the b cycle engine, pretty different from ours in practice. I also have a b9 q5 and it's a great car, love the dsg and the design of the car overall. It's the best of it's generation in midsize SUV's.
I am surprised by how good the engine is, and it regularly gets much better mileage than my car. We just find the car to be larger than what we really want (which doesn't explain her interest in the eTron.) An RS Q3 would be perfect, but of course we can't have it here.