GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 GTI S Question

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
I'll say, definitely not worth handing my vehicle for them to address that and potentially fuck up other things. I wouldn't do it unless you expect them to swap your car.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Thank you for all the responses and pictures. It appears that VW failed to paint my spare wheel well area and I will address it with the dealership from here.
Bear in mind that some colors without clearcoat present very differently than others. If you have metallic paint, expect it to look very different in the area that's not cleared. Your best bet would be to post a pic here before you try to beat up the dealer. And as recommended, the ideal thing to do would be to find another car in your color at a dealer to inspect. Ultimately, this is a matter that I'd just ignore, unless you're planning on turning your car into a delivery van or audio display car, letting anyone do body and paint work on your car should always be a last resort as it ultimately does more harm than good in nearly all instances.

4MoJoe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf Alltrack S
My '21 SE was painted in the rear, and no liner. I bought the liner and put down dynamat first and then the new liner. There are obvious places where they took stuff out compared to my 2018 Golf SE. And some of the plastic trim is laughable and I have some of the worst rattles already in this car. Its still fun and I'll work through them. Today I installed the harmonic balancer and installed dynamic LED mirror signals which is fun.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
My '21 SE was painted in the rear, and no liner. I bought the liner and put down dynamat first and then the new liner. There are obvious places where they took stuff out compared to my 2018 Golf SE. And some of the plastic trim is laughable and I have some of the worst rattles already in this car. Its still fun and I'll work through them. Today I installed the harmonic balancer and installed dynamic LED mirror signals which is fun.

When you added the spare tire wheel well liner, did you keep the black rectangular sound absorbers (marked VW 5GM 863 591) in place around the inner perimeter of the wheel well?

JBW56

Car(s)
GTI Mark7.5
Do you have a part number for the liner?

tarheelbob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI S
@JBW56 , I just went out and checked my 2021 GTI S. It is a Dark Iron Blue color. The wheel well area has no liner, but the area is painted body color. BUT, as another poster mentioned, it appears very "flat" in color as it does not have any clearcoat. If your car was gray, for example, the wheel area would definitely look like primer, but would be the base paint.

1618102510384.png

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
When you added the spare tire wheel well liner, did you keep the black rectangular sound absorbers (marked VW 5GM 863 591) in place around the inner perimeter of the wheel well?
x2. Want to know as well.

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
My 2021 GTI S is Deep Black Pearl and my spare
2CF7F9B6-33C9-454E-AF14-DD06B3FCF07C.jpeg
wheel well looks like this...It is powder coated so not bare metal.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
You'd think that 3 pages in, OP would have at least mentioned what colour the car is or post a picture.

Beyond that, it's well known that VW no longer installed liner in the spare wheel area after a certain model year.

I don't really understand what you think the dealership is going to do for you. I wouldn't waste my time.

VWeGoBeachNow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 DIBM AB 6sp MT
Just checked my 2020 SE in DIBM and it's painted but no clear and looks different than my exterior as you can tell by the bumper.

Attachments

• 20210411_095513.jpg
    20210411_095513.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 86

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
x2. Want to know as well.

I think someone on this forum added the spare tire well liner and I'll see if I can find the post so that those of use who are interested in knowing if the Sound Absorbing pads need to be removed prior to liner install will know. I looked at my wife's '17 Golf which had the liner standard and without removing the liner, I can't tell if the Sound Absorbing pads are in there or not.

I think the Liner P/N is 5GM 863 007 CA9

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
I’ve added the liner on my previous GTI. No need to remove what’s there.