Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Oh my lord.

Yeah, I can't count the number of times I sat down to watch a race last year and thought "Man, this is awesome, but I sure wish they were focusing on being carbon neutral. Make it so much more interesting to watch."

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Oh my lord.

Yeah, I can't count the number of times I sat down to watch a race last year and thought "Man, this is awesome, but I sure wish they were focusing on being carbon neutral. Make it so much more interesting to watch."
Couldn't give a rat's ass about the cars themselves being carbon neutral. All the logistics/shipping to get the teams where they need to be throughout the year? Absolutely, yes, that should be carbon neutral. Focus on that. The amount of fuel/resources used to get all the people and equipment from track to track FAR exceeds the consumption from the cars on the race-weekend.

Make logistics/shipping carbon neutral and bring back high-revving V8s. Please.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Woah, hope he's okay. Cycling is one of his main forms of exercise.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Couldn't give a rat's ass.....

Fixed that for you. lol I just want to RACE!! 🏎️ The buzz kills need to just let people enjoy life. Not even going to go full rant, but just know it's there......under the surface........... 😝

F1 and FE will eventually merge. It's only a matter of time....
Cange my mind lol.

Oh, no takers there it is definitely coming, and I have zero interest in the Greta Prix. :ROFLMAO:

Man I hope Alonso is ok. It's like Schumacher, these guys spend weekends driving 200mph with 19 other cars on a tiny track........and it's when they are on vacation when they get injured or killed. I always think of that when people ask "Aren't you scared of doing something so dangerous?" What danger? We lose more race car drivers on the way to the ski slopes than we do on the tarmac anymore.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Yeah like Nicky fucking Hayden who raced motorcycles for a living only to be killed by some dumbass while out riding his bike in Italy.
I'm a cyclist. I know that cyclists are annoying at times. But this just gets me so fired up. People need to pay more attention.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
McLaren didn't have much of a change but here is AT:

Was also reading yesterday about some rumors regarding BWT becoming a title sponsor again after Racing Point became Aston.
Word is they (BWT) are possibly in talks with HAAS and/or Williams...so there may still be a pink car.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Terrific livery, somehow even improved from last year. AT and Alfa were my favorites of 2020.

Sad news if true about BWT and Aston. If the AMR car isn't predominantly british racing green, that'll be incredibly disappointing. A blunder.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Terrific livery, somehow even improved from last year. AT and Alfa were my favorites of 2020.

Sad news if true about BWT and Aston. If the AMR car isn't predominantly british racing green, that'll be incredibly disappointing. A blunder.

Agreed on both fronts. I loved the Alfa livery, plus I love Kimi, his interview on Top Gear is hilarious with Jeremy pointing out his atypical short responses. Plus, I love how everytime the announcers mention him they find a way to point out he's "the most expereinced driver".....IE OLD LMAO He is proof of my feelings if I were an F1 driver. Why would I ever quit this life? As long as I can still be somewhat competitive in the car and someone will pay me to do it, ,screw retirement.......I'll stay in the car.

And if Aston doesn't have BRG with yellow/lime trim in their livery they need to pack it in and go home.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Why would I ever quit this life? As long as I can still be somewhat competitive in the car and someone will pay me to do it, ,screw retirement.......I'll stay in the car.
F1 driver or be someone like Cammisa, Reid or Catchpole. Not having to worry about what I eat so much and the fitness committment, I'd prolly want to be a tester/reviewer more. Especially, if I can be as awesome as those three I mentioned.

I also grad from film school, so that aspect of it is something I'm really into.

Last edited: