GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 Formula 1 Season

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I'm not a Max fan, and I don't think the end was well officiated, but Horner out maneuvered Wolff throughout that race, and obviously very much at the end.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Check out Horner's reaction to the last lap....

Also, Carlos Sainz got his Ferrari podium and as usual barely anyone noticed... he finshed ahead of Lando/Riccardo AND Lecrerc in the WDC.
He said the other day he finally retired his mk6 gti this year! haha (he is one of ours)

Leclerc had tons of bad luck this year, and Im the first to call Leclerc one of the top drivers, but Carlos showed him what a smooth operator he is.
Remember, he was Max's teammate for a couple of years at Torro Rosso and more than held his own...

Ferrari pairing looks good this year, Binotto has been talking a lot of smack too... they better deliver those drivers a good car next year!
Alpine with Fernando has been talking big too for next year.... gonna be a long winter break!

1639409851706.png

Edit: Also, it looks like Mercedes will abort their plans to attempt an appeal... so Max is world champion for sure now....
Those have never worked out for the team anyways, they realized it would just make them look like sore loosers.... I mean they have won for 7 straight years, I think they can get over it.

A little crazy fact this season... Max finished in the top-2 18 times this season (out of 22 races).
There 4 races where he did not: The 2 DNFs crashing with Lewis (Silverstone and Monza), his tire blow out in Baku and the 1st lap chaos in Hungary with Bottas running into the back of him (managed 9th with damage)

Pretty insane.

Last edited:

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Yeah, I haven't thrown in the Tifosi towel just yet. They have solid drivers, but still a crap car. Hopefully the make up some ground next year. Maybe 18" wheels are what they were waiting for.

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
I have to say Carlos has been my surprise of the year. Always considered him a good driver but maybe more like David Coulthard or Gerhard Burger, solid but not really WC material. But now against LeClerc who is considered by some the best thing since sliced bread, he did great. Missed Apex podcast talked about Ferrari having a dilemma on their hands, who will be the number 1 driver at Ferarri next year? The anointed one? or Carlos?
Looking forward to next year already

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I'm just a casual fan and DVR'd the race and just fast forwarded thru the whole thing pretty much. Fast/boring track....it wasn't until the end that it got somewhat interesting.

I mean...they had advertised "Max vs. Lewis" on the billboards so I don't think it was rigged or something, but to have this whole season boil down to the last race and then ultimately the one/last lap.....it was just like a Rocky movie and setup for a good(?) ending.
It seemed a little scripted or something

The Mercedes was hands down faster, but Red Bull's (tire?) strategy paid off in this (controversial) finish.
I think the (Netflix) Drive to Survive show should be interesting to watch for this past season

Last edited:

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI
Who's to say Latifi did not crash on purpose......

I feel bad for him, so many Lewis fans flooded his instagram and DMs with awful messages. Basically as close to death threats as you can get.

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI
I wouldn't be surprised if he did. So many nasty people in the world today. What happened to Love thy neighbours as yourself?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Who's to say Latifi did not crash on purpose......

You know....that DID cross my mind for a second after it happened :ROFLMAO:

Max was gaining some ground after the tire change and I was kind of rooting for him to come back (he would've needed to be 1 second faster each lap basically) but he wasn't gaining enough to catch Lewis, and then *poof* a crash just magically happened to set up the ending:unsure:

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
You know....that DID cross my mind for a second after it happened :ROFLMAO:

Max was gaining some ground after the tire change and I was kind of rooting for him to come back (he would've needed to be 1 second faster each lap basically) but he wasn't gaining enough to catch Lewis, and then *poof* a crash just magically happened to set up the ending:unsure:

The only thing I have to say about this is why would Latifi/Williams do anything to deliberately help Max/RBR? If anyone, it'd be Mercedes they'd be compelled to help in that manner. It's not like Crashgate in '08 when Piquet, Jr. crashed to help Alonso out (both Renault teammates) -- motivation is clear there.