GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 Black Friday Deals

dannyboi88

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3 8V
Does anyone know if EQT or Sneekytuned will have a special on remote tunning over the Black Friday Weekend??

Asking for a friend 🤫

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Preparing for holidays, my Lowe’s had almost half price sales on Craftsman tool sets that had been sitting a while. I picked up a “Gunmetal Chrome” set I have wanted.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Does anyone know if EQT or Sneekytuned will have a special on remote tunning over the Black Friday Weekend??

Asking for a friend 🤫
If you're talking about a remote dyno tune no they won't have a sale. I've never seen a custom tune go on sale either. Just staged tunes.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
If you're talking about a remote dyno tune no they won't have a sale. I've never seen a custom tune go on sale either. Just staged tunes.
Custom tunes are on sale now. Starting at $425.

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI
Badgeskins is having a 30% sale on everything for Black Friday. The code at checkout is BF30.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Anyone see good deals on struts? I think it's about time I start researching them. My EMD springs are starting to take a toll on the OEM. Rubbing more often than before... Hope I can find comfortable struts to pair with the springs. I really do enjoy the OEM ride quality with the flush wheel gap look.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Anyone see good deals on struts? I think it's about time I start researching them. My EMD springs are starting to take a toll on the OEM. Rubbing more often than before... Hope I can find comfortable struts to pair with the springs. I really do enjoy the OEM ride quality with the flush wheel gap look.
FCP sells B8's so it would be the last set you have to buy for the car.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Similar boat here. EMD springs for the last 40k and the stock shocks and struts are shot. Just ordered Koni Special Active (lowest price I could find was Summit Racing) and putting the stock springs back on. I'm done with the somewhat-lowered lifestyle haha.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Similar boat here. EMD springs for the last 40k and the stock shocks and struts are shot. Just ordered Koni Special Active (lowest price I could find was Summit Racing) and putting the stock springs back on. I'm done with the somewhat-lowered lifestyle haha.

I don't think you need to put your stock springs back on. Just need struts that can handle the drop and you'll be fine. It is basically like you're assembling your own coil over kit without the ability to go up and down.

I knew I would be wearing down the stocks but didn't think it would happen as quickly as it has. Once the upgraded struts are in, it should be fine. The EMD drop isn't that dramatic overall.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I don't think you need to put your stock springs back on. Just need struts that can handle the drop and you'll be fine. It is basically like you're assembling your own coil over kit without the ability to go up and down.

I knew I would be wearing down the stocks but didn't think it would happen as quickly as it has. Once the upgraded struts are in, it should be fine. The EMD drop isn't that dramatic overall.
Yeah, Koni is very adamant that the Special Active are only meant for stock height, and that technology intrigues me (the roads in the ATL are utter trash these days). I'm also going to be towing with the car more in the upcoming year, so stock height is fine.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Anyone on B8s can describe the ride quality? Obviously I'm on OEM and that paired with EMD, it feels OEM ride quality. Very smooth and you don't feel much in the road until you hit an actual bump. How would pairing B8s probably feel?

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Anyone on B8s can describe the ride quality? Obviously I'm on OEM and that paired with EMD, it feels OEM ride quality. Very smooth and you don't feel much in the road until you hit an actual bump. How would pairing B8s probably feel?
I think in @Hammersticks comprehensive guide, he recommended the Koni yellows for EMD since they're a softer spring and the Bilstein are a bit softer of a shock/strut.

Beginner’s Guide / Tips for Buying a Street-Based Suspension | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum