GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 MotoGP

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Any bike racing peeps in here? I see the F1 thread, so figured I'd start this up. Maybe could be a blanket thread to cover WSBK and ama as well.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I've always kinda wanted to get into MotoGP, but I haven't done the legwork to try. I don't have cable or even standard TV - purely streaming. Now with the F1 TV site, I don't need to find the latest GP on the high seas.
But MotoGP has always looked cool to me; it has an old world and old fashioned feel to me. Like, sure the bikes have come a long, long way and the tech is only growing. But safety wise, it's basically the same. You're still basically a naked dude on two wheels at 325+ kph. You look at Formula 1 30 years ago and now it is in a completely different league of safety. It's almost like racing in a Tempur-Pedic bed, in comparison.
So yeah, I find MotoGP exhilirating, but I haven't made the efforts to dive it. I hear a lot about it because my favorite F1 driver is Fernando Alonso and he always has a lot of praise for his fellow countryman, Marc Márquez.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I used to be into MotoGP back in the day.
Casey Stoner was my boy! Jorge Lorenzo, The Doctor and of course Nicky Hayden.
Haven't watched it in years though.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
I've always kinda wanted to get into MotoGP, but I haven't done the legwork to try. I don't have cable or even standard TV - purely streaming. Now with the F1 TV site, I don't need to find the latest GP on the high seas.
But MotoGP has always looked cool to me; it has an old world and old fashioned feel to me. Like, sure the bikes have come a long, long way and the tech is only growing. But safety wise, it's basically the same. You're still basically a naked dude on two wheels at 325+ kph. You look at Formula 1 30 years ago and now it is in a completely different league of safety. It's almost like racing in a Tempur-Pedic bed, in comparison.
So yeah, I find MotoGP exhilirating, but I haven't made the efforts to dive it. I hear a lot about it because my favorite F1 driver is Fernando Alonso and he always has a lot of praise for his fellow countryman, Marc Márquez.

Trying to watch isn't as bad as it used to be(I think it was on Bein sports here)... I've been buying the full season video pass for the past few years($100eu ish) As far as safety well yea they do have air suits now but they don't seem to help that much. Still getting a fair amount of shoulder and collar bone injuries. Marquez is dominating but overall it's tighter than it used to be, and Suzuki is getting in the mix at certain tracks. Obviously I'm no motorcycle engineer, but they have been playing with aero the last couple years. Seems to be more of an anti-wheelie device.

Stoner was badass... Lorenzo just retired, didn't do so well on the Repsol Honda/injured. I hope Fabio gets some wins next year against Marquez. Also, Karel Abraham retired if anybody knows who that is hahaha.

Last edited:

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
But MotoGP has always looked cool to me; it has an old world and old fashioned feel to me. Like, sure the bikes have come a long, long way and the tech is only growing. But safety wise, it's basically the same.

This is the Italian sweeping technology circa 2011... :LOL: This is at Mugello
IMG_0980.JPG

DonTuan

Passed Driver's Ed
Farewell tour for Rossi in 2020 or at least on the factory Yamaha team :cry:

I think Fabio will end up being quicker than Maverick too....

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Saw that this morning. Fabio has been quicker already IMO. I don't think Rossi will try to continue unless he can rack up a few wins this year. Vinalez seemed very promising his first year...

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I used to follow it closely, but it's been about a decade. I'm going to the race here, it's close and will be less crowded than the F1 race and I'd bet they sound better than the current stupid F1 cars.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
WELP.... Waiting game now I suppose. Premier class canceled at Qatar, Thailand GP postponed...

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Pretty sure the bikes are faster than the virus, so I don't see the problem.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
The way things are going they'll be lucky to get any rounds in. There some talk now about Austin being postponed.
Say it ain't so. All because of covid19. Let's blow everything out of proportion and sit at home