GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 HPDE Plans

How many HPDE days are you planning for 2020?

• None

• 1 to 3

• 4 to 5

• 6 to 10

• 11 to 15

• 16 to 20

• 21 or more

Results are only viewable after voting.

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
Post up what dates you plan on hitting Lime. Also, why did you not like Summit? I hear this from practically everyone that's been there lol.

And to answer Cliff org question.. I'm planning for 6-10 days this year. Might be on the lower side because work might be a little more aggressive this year, and I also dedicated a couple weekends to O'Neil Rally School.

Have you been to the Rally school before? I've have been wanting to try that for some time. Could you post after attending to let us know how it is?

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
Have you been to the Rally school before? I've have been wanting to try that for some time. Could you post after attending to let us know how it is?

I have a half dozen friends who have taken the 3-day school at Dirtfish up in Washington. Their school is the west coast equivalent of O'Neil's school. It is the ultimate car control training course. It's on my wishlist but at $3200 (with Black Friday pricing) it is not inexpensive.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I have 4 DE’s planned at VIR for 2020.

March with PCA Zone2 (3-days)
April with Potomac ACNA (2-days)
Nov with Potomac ACNA (2-days)
Nov with Carolinas PCA (3-days)

I would like try a new track this year. Friends are planning a trip to Barber. Road Atlanta 3-hrs away. Watkins Glen is on my track bucket list.

Navi

Autocross Champion

Been to a rally school once before and really enjoyed it. I feel like one day isn't enough though, so this year (early 2020) I'm going to their winter driving course as well as their 5 day course. I really want to UP UP my driving abilities. From what I understand, rally school really helps in all aspects of driving and track skills such as road course, gravel, drifting, etc etc...

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Going to be a good season for me, have a few days booked at grattan and gingerman, mid Ohio and hopefully making a trip South to ncm and barber! I'm sure I end up at my local tracks Autobahn and Blackhawk Farms a few days as well. Hoping to have a repeat of 2017 where I squeezed in 18 track days that season.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Signed up for Big Willow(first time) in February with Speed Ventures. Will most likely hit Streets of Willow and Chuckwalla again before summer. Maybe Chuckwalla a couple times- I love that track. Trying to plan to get up to Laguna Seca in the fall, fingers crossed!

M3bs1

Go Kart Champion
Two events at Roebling scheduled for January, then Road Atlanta in February, VIR in March so far. Probably won't be taking the VW unless the weather forecast is questionable. Still looking for a new track toy to replace/supplement my M3. Almost bought a GT350 last Friday....

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Two events at Roebling scheduled for January, then Road Atlanta in February, VIR in March so far. Probably won't be taking the VW unless the weather forecast is questionable. Still looking for a new track toy to replace/supplement my M3. Almost bought a GT350 last Friday....

If my car is ready, I'll see you at Roebling. I'm down in Jacksonville.

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
Who do you go with at VIR? I plan on doing at least one HPDE there this year.
Trackdaze and BMWCCA. Trackdaze requires no membership and is more diversified in terms of both marques and driver experience, however BMWCCA has a more structured approach for the first timer or novice.

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
I dislike Summit Shenandoah but love Summit Main. Shenandoah is a VERY busy track, which by itself isn't an issue, but I found that it has zero rhythm. Eats up tires as well and I just don't find myself grinning near as much as other tracks.

Totally agree! Not to mention, the paddock area for Shenandoah can't handle any volume of cars in bad weather - if it rains and you're in the grass, you're SOL.

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Willow Springs Big Track/Streets and Auto Club before summer. I’d like to go back to Laguna Seca this year too.