GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 HPDE Plans

How many HPDE days are you planning for 2020?

• None

• 1 to 3

• 4 to 5

• 6 to 10

• 11 to 15

• 16 to 20

• 21 or more

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
I will be at VIR on the 7th and 8th With Potomac Audi.

Busy putting my car back together
I wanted to sign up for that but I couldn't make it cause my girl signed me up to drive a McLaren over in Charlotte.

How is it running with them? Better than a trackdaze event?

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I wanted to sign up for that but I couldn't make it cause my girl signed me up to drive a McLaren over in Charlotte.

How is it running with them? Better than a trackdaze event?

I like Potomac Audi. Run with them twice a year at VIR. Blue Solo has 11 people signed up. I’ve moved up to Black. Been running with them the last 3-4yrs.

Will be back at VIR with Carolinas PCA.

Not likely going to run with Track Daze again.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
I like Potomac Audi. Run with them twice a year at VIR. Blue Solo has 11 people signed up. I’ve moved up to Black. Been running with them the last 3-4yrs.

Will be back at VIR with Carolinas PCA.

Not likely going to run with Track Daze again.
I wish I could run with them but I would be green as could be. Is there a particular reason you won't run with trackdaze again?

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
I wish I could run with them but I would be green as could be.

Driver placement is usually situational. Just because you're new to a club does not mean you will be automatically started in a novice run group. Based on prior experience (2 HPDE days and a decade worth of autocross) I was placed in a combined lower/upper intermediate run group at my first Audi club event.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I wish I could run with them but I would be green as could be. Is there a particular reason you won't run with trackdaze again?

Audi is a great Club to run with and I would recommend them. Some folks don’t like the use of turn signals for point bys. I prefer it. Think it’s easier and safer keeping your hands on the wheel. Like anything, you get used to it after a few passes.

Im encouraging a friend to go. First time on track. They have a super strict Covid protocol and plan on running instructors for the novice groups. They have a ramped approach to building speed for first timers. They make use of the watered skid pan for basic car control 101. They may use lead/follow for the non-solo run groups.

I thought that you’ve already run at VIR and have experience there?

There were quite a few sketchy cars. Mechanicals on track which meant stoppages for vehicles to be recovered. Standards are not as high as Porsche/Audi/BMW clubs.

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
Also thumbs up on Audi. First time with them at The Glen they put me in their upper intermediate with instructor for a check ride. He signed me off to advanced/ solo after 2nd season but he was so good I drove with him the rest of the day.
Really good bunch of people who ran a
great event.
I had posted this previously, but I went there thinking I would hate the blinker passes but now prefer it.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Audi is a great Club to run with and I would recommend them. Some folks don’t like the use of turn signals for point bys. I prefer it. Think it’s easier and safer keeping your hands on the wheel. Like anything, you get used to it after a few passes.

Im encouraging a friend to go. First time on track. They have a super strict Covid protocol and plan on running instructors for the novice groups. They have a ramped approach to building speed for first timers. They make use of the watered skid pan for basic car control 101. They may use lead/follow for the non-solo run groups.

I thought that you’ve already run at VIR and have experience there?

There were quite a few sketchy cars. Mechanicals on track which meant stoppages for vehicles to be recovered. Standards are not as high as Porsche/Audi/BMW clubs.
Only once so im definitely still green. My car is just always down so I dont get the seat time I would like. I know VIR well because I also work with a race team that has a shop at VIR.

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Signed up for Autoclub Roval on Saturday, 11/7. Probably sign up for December too with Speedventures. Nascar is making it a short track next year

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
Great day at Palmer CW yesterday. Perfect weather. Posted my best time there, 1:55.7

As in much of the country, track days are winding down here. Next event is Nov 6 at Lime Rock. Anyone signed up please PM or post. Would like to meet up.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Signed up for Sonoma on Saturday 11/7 with SpeedSF. It will be my 5th track day since June and probably the last of this year. Going to use the winter getting the car all set for next season. Then again if a good deal pops up I could be up for another day at Laguna Seca or Thunderhill.

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Have you driven Fontana before? It’s terrifying...
Come out to Chuckwalla with speed ventures November 21. IMO, it’s the best track in SoCal!

I probably know Fontana best out of all the SoCal tracks, been visiting since 2008.

I’ve been to Chuckwalla once, super fun track with a lot of medium to fast sweepers. It’s a little far but worth the trip. I’ll see how Fontana goes, I was thinking of going back in December. I want to install my KW Clubsports after my next event.

Thanks for the invite 👍🏼

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I probably know Fontana best out of all the SoCal tracks, been visiting since 2008.

I’ve been to Chuckwalla once, super fun track with a lot of medium to fast sweepers. It’s a little far but worth the trip. I’ll see how Fontana goes, I was thinking of going back in December. I want to install my KW Clubsports after my next event.

Thanks for the invite 👍🏼
Your huevos are mas grande than mine. I went to Fontana as my first track day, and it wasn't until I went to other tracks that I realized NASCAR steep grade + 130mph + cement barriers = terrifying. Still debating if it's scarier than turns 8 and 9 at Big Willow...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Your huevos are mas grande than mine. I went to Fontana as my first track day, and it wasn't until I went to other tracks that I realized NASCAR steep grade + 130mph + cement barriers = terrifying. Still debating if it's scarier than turns 8 and 9 at Big Willow...

I did Daytona at night in the rain. Car started to hydroplane at 125 mph, sliding towards the wall in NASCAR turn 4. Poo came out.