2015 Golf TDI
from @Branman

image.jpg
image-1.jpg

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
I still haven’t let this go. So occasionally I’ll do some research. I didn’t fine too much but every little bit of info helps. I lack the access to some info but I found the VW press info for the 2020 GTI. So it basically says that the base (GTI S) comes with the 6.5” screen and new usb-c port. I thought this was standard across all 2020 GTIs. I read a little further and it moved onto the SE and Autobahn which come with the 8” screen MIB2 with one usb-a port. Maybe the MIB2 just isn’t compatible or maybe a usb media hub is needed to power it. It’s odd they would give the lower model radio the better USB port. Well better IMO I’m sure some will disagree.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I still haven’t let this go. So occasionally I’ll do some research. I didn’t fine too much but every little bit of info helps. I lack the access to some info but I found the VW press info for the 2020 GTI. So it basically says that the base (GTI S) comes with the 6.5” screen and new usb-c port. I thought this was standard across all 2020 GTIs. I read a little further and it moved onto the SE and Autobahn which come with the 8” screen MIB2 with one usb-a port. Maybe the MIB2 just isn’t compatible or maybe a usb media hub is needed to power it. It’s odd they would give the lower model radio the better USB port. Well better IMO I’m sure some will disagree.
Only MIB3 supports it.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
I’m positive. My wife’s 2020 Jetta had usb-c with the 6.5” screen and no separate unit. Same goes for the gti. Maybe the Passat has a 6.5” mib3. They have an oddball radio. This is the same for GTI Jetta Tiguan as well.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Subscribed in hopes this can be made to work.

mkgti

Car(s)
2019 GTI
Hello, I just made an account to find out more about this.
I have a 2019 GTI mk7.5, which should have identical wiring to the 2020.
My USB connection was intermittently disconnecting, very likely because the plastic tab inside the USB port broke off.

I was hoping to upgrade to USB-C so I got this part # 3G5035726B.
For reference here is the original USB port # 5Q0035726E.

The only difference was a small tab on the plug that I clipped off so it fit. However as @branman1 found out, this isn't good enough.

I'd really like to see the wiring diagram for both so I can rig something up!
Here are photos of both parts:
1639513255303.png

1639513177382.png