GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 GTI S vs. 2017 GTI Sport

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
We don't get the Mk8 GTI until fall of 2021 at earliest and the MK7 R is likely out of production, or very nearly so, so they're just selling old inventory from here on.

VW dealers in US got lot of Rs to their inventory late last year / early this year. At that point, there was reports that NA will not be getting anymore MK7.5 Rs.

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
VW dealers in US got lot of Rs to their inventory late last year / early this year. At that point, there was reports that NA will not be getting anymore MK7.5 Rs.
That reconciles with what I've seen on local dealer lots. No R's and very few Mk7.5 GTI's.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
That reconciles with what I've seen on local dealer lots. No R's and very few Mk7.5 GTI's.

At someone point, a high volume dealer in DC area used to have close to 40 brand new 2019 Rs in their inventory and people were getting great deals on them.

Current GTI shortage might be due to the covid as VW Pubela plant was shutdown for a while. I am amazed to see that people are reporting $500 / a grand or so off msrp on their brand new 2020 GTIs in a different forum. VW dealers should be very happy making those deals.

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
I've had two Hyundais. 2011 Accent that I put 250, 000 miles on in 5 years and it was extremely reliable. And a 2016 Veloster Turbo that I hopped up and drove for 150,000 miles with no problems.
i had a hatcback 2009 hyundai manual, not a single issue in 5 years, every car since then always has issues, i looked at a 2019 veloseter n a couple manths back, i wanted it, went to check it out and couldnt fit in the car without my head hitting the roof, and im only 6ft1 so i didnt get it, it was a smoking price tho

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
i had a hatcback 2009 hyundai manual, not a single issue in 5 years, every car since then always has issues, i looked at a 2019 veloseter n a couple manths back, i wanted it, went to check it out and couldnt fit in the car without my head hitting the roof, and im only 6ft1 so i didnt get it, it was a smoking price tho

Do you mean your head hit the roof when you are in the car?

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
Do you mean your head hit the roof when you are in the car?
yeah, id have to have the seat way back to fit without hitting the headliner, too far that it would affect driving ability, thats why i intially bought my gti, cuz my head didnt hit the headliner,

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
yeah, id have to have the seat way back to fit without hitting the headliner, too far that it would affect driving ability, thats why i intially bought my gti, cuz my head didnt hit the headliner,

Did you crank the seat to its lowest position? The previous driver might have been short and raised the seat up. I had a 16 Veloster Turbo and it had a lot of headroom. I doubt they changed that significantly.

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
Did you crank the seat to its lowest position? The previous driver might have been short and raised the seat up. I had a 16 Veloster Turbo and it had a lot of headroom. I doubt they changed that significantly.
yeah i tried everything, head still hit the headliner, i really wanted it to work out, oh well

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
yeah i tried everything, head still hit the headliner, i really wanted it to work out, oh well
How tall are you because I’m 6”2 and I have plenty of head room probably inches

Ecapskcab

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15 Mk7 GTI
At someone point, a high volume dealer in DC area used to have close to 40 brand new 2019 Rs in their inventory and people were getting great deals on them.

Current GTI shortage might be due to the covid as VW Pubela plant was shutdown for a while. I am amazed to see that people are reporting $500 / a grand or so off msrp on their brand new 2020 GTIs in a different forum. VW dealers should be very happy making those deals.

This is absurd. 2019 Golf R $50k. I know it is an Ebay link, but they seem extremely overpriced at the moment even when you do locate them.

Ecapskcab

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15 Mk7 GTI
its absurd you think an ebay link is credible
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/783462643/overview/

and used go for around 34k
When searching Auto Tempest you get an aggregate feed for many car re-sale sites. Pricing is from 34k to clearly 50k depending on new and/or used. We have both shown 1 example, however, there are many more vehicles going for large amounts at this time for both a GTI and R. FYI, the credibility of an eBay link is the sum of your willingness to pay the price. Clearly you are not willing to pay the price.