GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 GTI S 6MT (White) - $27.7K w/0% 72 M (4 M buffer)

BillH

Car(s)
Nissan Frontier
As the prior owner (lease) of a 2015 Golf TSI SE Automatic, which I turned in due to timing and a undiagnosable transmission issue. Looking to potentially purchase a 2020 GTI S 6MT for $27.7K after $2,053 Dealer Discount
Does the price seem to be a good deal?
It has been awhile since I have owned a manual, as a daily driver, will I regret the MT or is it easy to live with for a 11 mile daily commute with some traffic?
Is an MT more sought after in term of resale due to the GTI being an enthusiast car?
Are the halogen headlights that much of a sacrifice possibly making the SE worth serious consideration, but than you give up GTI plaid seats?
Lots of questions, sorry, just planning on keeping the car a long time, miss my 2015 Golf TSI SE, want to make sure I am making a good purchase.
On a side note, I also have the option of buying a impeccably maintained, single owner 2004 R32 with low miles for around $15K.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
$2k off sticker is a bad deal especially in the current scenario. You can have a look at this thread for real time deals and people got better deals across the country even before COVID - https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-official-post-your-deal-thread.320238/page-182. You might want to expand your search if you want the best deal.

MT GTIs dont command any premium in the used car market. You might want to check this thread if you are considering a MY19+ manuals - https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/2019-gti-6mt-stalling-issue.363310/page-196

Features in SE is definitely worth the premium. Rabbit trim had a good balance of features but it was limited only for MY19.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Definitely keep shopping or being patient.

That isn't a bargain, and the halogens do suck, especially on a 2020.

Edit: I would also pass on a 16 year old car for 15K unless you is some kind of mechanic. Nice car, but that's pure toy territory, not a daily.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
paid 26,500 for my SE. Volume dealer in the Dallas area was running a 7k off promo. Oh and MT is a joy to drive, the LP is more than worth it, as is the PP.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Agree with the others saying not a great deal.
Will you regret the manual? I wouldn't - you might.
Halogens? I wouldn't touch a new car without HIDs or LEDs where available.
I'd keep shopping. And don't settle for halogens. You'll thank us later on that one.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
The price is horrible, and the warranty isn't as good as a 2019. Look for a lightly used/CPO 2019, or you could probably find a leftover 2019 on a lot somewhere.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
They're still making GTI's with halogens? :sick: