GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 GTI mk8

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
MK8 comments just after 9 min in if you want to skip. To those who say people complained about MK5, MK6, MK7 when new but liked in time. Maybe this time we will not.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
This guy did a really neat headlight render:

2021-vw-golf-gti-rendered-with-mk1-cues.jpg

The lower grille is still hideous, and the ass doesn't work, but it's getting there.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
If I was getting an MK8 I think the best looking this time might be the R. Would have to upgrade.
Might be a good time before electric stuff comes in.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
This guy did a really neat headlight render:

View attachment 168269

The lower grille is still hideous, and the ass doesn't work, but it's getting there.
Reminds me of the HONDA EV concept I saw at Goodwood festival of speed last year (which will probably be cancelled this year?)
85DA02E6-E71E-47DE-ABDE-48FA2A107247.jpeg

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
Reminds me of the HONDA EV concept I saw at Goodwood festival of speed last year (which will probably be cancelled this year?)
View attachment 168311

...and the MK8 should have been similar to that. Smoother; not complicated with additional lines the vehicle's real estate can't justify.

Take what it has and make it work. Don't add. Subtract. Styling informs the perception of performance, and they've over-styled the car.

This Honda is an example of taking things in the other direction, and it works.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Yeah, I'd buy a Honda e in a second. Other forbidden fruit I'd actually buy if available here.
Alpina 110s
Audi RS3 hatch (with a manual, but I think that's dead globally now)
SEAT Cupra R
VW Polo GTI
Focus ST
Fiesta ST

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion