GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 Golf R 8 spotted.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I suppose at least the left foot footrest has been upgraded from grey plastic to match the other foot pedals now.

It looks the exact same in my mk7. Did they cut costs here in the 7.5 or something?

In both the mk7 and mk7.5 GTI we get a grey plastic left foot footrest for the driver in the UK as seen in the picture at the link below. Lots of owners have bought an aluminium cover to fit over the plastic, but we don’t get an aluminium left foot footrest as standard in RHD UK cars.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/heres-where-vws-tartan-gti-seats-originate-from/

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
You also include the 20% VAT in your pricing, remove that and we're not that far off. Seems like the only thing standard on the UK GTI over a current SE is the digital gauges and lane assist.

One major difference between a euro spec GTI and ones sold in North America is that their MK7 GTIs have both direct and port injection!

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
One major difference between a euro spec GTI and ones sold in North America is that their MK7 GTIs have both direct and port injection!
The post-WLTP compliant cars don’t; they are direct injection only.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
The post-WLTP compliant cars don’t; they are direct injection only.

Why is that? Dual injection is supposed to help lower emissions and prevent carbon build up. I wonder if this is VAG cost cutting... Or VAG made some new improvements with direct injection.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Why is that? Dual injection is supposed to help lower emissions and prevent carbon build up. I wonder if this is VAG cost cutting... Or VAG made some new improvements with direct injection.

Probably cost cutting.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Why is that? Dual injection is supposed to help lower emissions and prevent carbon build up.

Apparently it was discovered that the dual-injector setup was putting out all kinds of particulate pollution, hence the port injection was dropped and a GPF (gasoline particulate filter, similar to the DPF or diesel PF) to help solve the problem. We don't get them on NAR-spec cars.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Apparently it was discovered that the dual-injector setup was putting out all kinds of particulate pollution, hence the port injection was dropped and a GPF (gasoline particulate filter, similar to the DPF or diesel PF) to help solve the problem. We don't get them on NAR-spec cars.
It’s not that dual injection was causing pollution, it was quite heavily reducing pollution, that’s why it was fitted! But with new WLTP tests manufacturers had to fit petroleum (gasoline) particulate filters, with these fitted the Di was no longer necessary as it was only fitted to meet previous EU emission standards so was dropped. US emission rules didn’t require Di in order to meet the level expected, so it was never fitted to NAR vehicles, it was never to do with carbon build up reduction either, that was just a bonus!

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I believe the US bound 2020 RS3 now has a particulate filter.