GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2020 Camry TRD

EmmKay11945

Ready to race!
Saw one of these today, got in the other lane to pass the guy (was about 2 cars behind him) and he floors it, and so did I. Ended up about 6 bus lengths (idk for sure, it was a huge gap though) in front of him before I let off. 😂 he then raced back up on my ass after I let off like he was bout to do something 😂. It sounded mean when he punched it though, but didn’t really do much

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
You sure it wasn't a 4 cyl Camry? The V6 in those things are pretty fast. I should know, I had a 2013 Camry SE V6 with intake and exhaust and I was not only keeping up but beat a couple of stage 2 GTI's both MK6 & MK7.

What mods are you running Emm?

EmmKay11945

Ready to race!
You sure it wasn't a 4 cyl Camry? The V6 in those things are pretty fast. I should know, I had a 2013 Camry SE V6 with intake and exhaust and I was not only keeping up but beat a couple of stage 2 GTI's both MK6 & MK7.

Lol yeah was the v6 TRD

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
300hp and it's still a mid 14 second car?

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
there's a vid on youtube of one with a nice exhaust, they sound pretty sick with a good catback. I can't believe I'm saying that, lol.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

A stage 2 MK7 GTI should have as much wheel HP as a V6 camry has crank power. It really shouldn't be very close.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I had a run in with a "fast" family hauler the other night too. A Dodge Durango RT. He thought his family hauler was faster than my family hauler. I too put many cars on him after I let him pull his rear bumper to my front bumper.

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
A stage 2 MK7 GTI should have as much wheel HP as a V6 camry has crank power. It really shouldn't be very close.
This is true, however, wheel HP comparisons really don't mean much in the real world. I ran a best of 13.7 secs in the 1/4 mile in my old Camry while my buddy's stage 2 mk7 unitronic ran a best of 13.9 secs that same night. Too many factors to consider. I honestly wouldn't sleep on these too much LOL

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
This is true, however, wheel HP comparisons really don't mean much in the real world. I ran a best of 13.7 secs in the 1/4 mile in my old Camry while my buddy's stage 2 mk7 unitronic ran a best of 13.9 secs that same night. Too many factors to consider. I honestly wouldn't sleep on these too much LOL

You're current car is pretty equal to your friends that ran the 13.9. I'll bet yours will do better than that with the EQT tune you have.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

Tough to compare strip times between two different cars and two different drivers. There is also a possibility the Unitronic MK7 was heat soaked from the start. Both cars "automatic"?

From a roll, where the Stage 2 MK7 is not heat soaked yet, I'll take the Stage 2 MK7 every time.