GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 SE, I can’t stay away

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I'd be wary of any car with accident history and mods, even something simple like the shift knob.

$26k doesn't seem bad if everything is in order but I would try to find another without so many question marks.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
It has an accident which I’m not crazy about.
Unless you're planning on keeping this car until the wheels fall off, you should wait on something else. Cars with reported accidents die hard in resale. That's the reason this one seems like such a steal.

Last edited:

BigCanoe

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Yea it drove nice but has a fair amount of mods, good or bad. But yea the accident does drop the value. It sure was nice but I’m a big car flipper. Mud flaps, Neuspeed CAI and BOV, Raceseng shift knob, bumperdillo, trailer hitch, that I noticed.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
but I’m a big car flipper.
I mean if you have a strong private sale game you could probably negotiate a decent price, especially if you maintain the service records. Don't let us talk you out of it if you know what you're doing.

BigCanoe

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Good point. The thing is there is always another GTI coming if I pass on this one. I will sleep on it, thank you!

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Price is 4k too high

BigCanoe

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I passed. It was nice but not knowing the history, and the details of the mods, and the accident, I wasnt 100% comfortable. Plus the dealer was talking about the warranty would cover everything unless it was related to the mods. I will keep looking, I may get an Alltrack just for a change of pace this time.

BigCanoe

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I bought this one instead. 2017 GTI SE with DSG, lighting package. 33k miles. Clean Carfax, NC car. Neuspeed wheels with new Michelin tires. Very clean! I think the color is CSG, I need to look up the code. I am thinking I might swap out the display for either the 8" matching style (Euro) or maybe the 7.5 screen. I have a JB4 with BT ready to go!

Attachments

• IMG_5255.jpg
    IMG_5255.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 108