GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 + Res Delete

BradRXK

Car(s)
Golf R MK7.5
Hi all, im picking up my 19 plate R very soon, and was looking at fitting the res delete pipe, but after looking online, for 19 models and anything newer, this isn’t possible? Could someone share some information on this and if not possible to fit, what alternatives have people done?
Cheers!

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
Hi all, im picking up my 19 plate R very soon, and was looking at fitting the res delete pipe, but after looking online, for 19 models and anything newer, this isn’t possible? Could someone share some information on this and if not possible to fit, what alternatives have people done?
Cheers!
My GUESS is that what you might be seeing might be due to noise regulations and not to actual fitment of the res delete pipe. Here's one from the UK for both the Mk7 & 7.5 that has a Helmholtz chamber to reduce drone: https://www.rpmperformances.co.uk/p...nator-delete-res-delete-anti-drone-pipe-hatch

BradRXK

Car(s)
Golf R MK7.5
My GUESS is that what you might be seeing might be due to noise regulations and not to actual fitment of the res delete pipe. Here's one from the UK for both the Mk7 & 7.5 that has a Helmholtz chamber to reduce drone: https://www.rpmperformances.co.uk/p...nator-delete-res-delete-anti-drone-pipe-hatch
Cheers for that! the ones i was looking at stated they weren’t for 68 models and after so anything into 2019, I believe it was something to do with a GPF filter

mfrench2022

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk7.5 r
I have a 19r with a resonator delete and have had zero issues. I get more drone from the soundkator on more than removing it.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Most people here are from NA without GPF/OPF stuff. But lots of aftermarket parts drop off at 18 or 19 for compatibility for no real reason, so I usually search for 17/18 compatibility anyway.
At least here, the only meaningful difference from 18->19 is the ECU (and ROW, loss of factory MPI according with the addition of GPF).

I think this is the GPF?
1645633375550.png

If so, it ends right behind where most resonator deletes bolt up, which I can see making fitment a hassle. You might want to find a muffler shop and just ask for some custom-fit straight pipe.

DThissen

Ready to race!
Most people here are from NA without GPF/OPF stuff. But lots of aftermarket parts drop off at 18 or 19 for compatibility for no real reason, so I usually search for 17/18 compatibility anyway.
At least here, the only meaningful difference from 18->19 is the ECU (and ROW, loss of factory MPI according with the addition of GPF).

I think this is the GPF?
View attachment 240369

If so, it ends right behind where most resonator deletes bolt up, which I can see making fitment a hassle. You might want to find a muffler shop and just ask for some custom-fit straight pipe.
Nope, I think that's the res on a GTI.