GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 Performance Package

Laterz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
Will someone please clear up for me what the 2019 GTI Performance Package included. I know it includes the red badges, LSD and larger brakes. I've also read that you got 10 more hp???

Laterz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
Now you know my confusion. I've read that " starting in 2019, LSD was standard on all cars, etc" but I was at the dealer, definitely silver badge cars, and red badge. According to my sales person, the PP was needed if I wanted the LSD and bigger brakes. Another question, is my gauges are analog. I've seen some that are digital???

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Now you know my confusion. I've read that " starting in 2019, LSD was standard on all cars, etc" but I was at the dealer, definitely silver badge cars, and red badge. According to my sales person, the PP was needed if I wanted the LSD and bigger brakes. Another question, is my gauges are analog. I've seen some that are digital???
2019s got the PP options as standard, so yes - brakes, lsd, badges, little hp rating bump. Digital is only on the R in the united states.
if there was a 7.5 with silver badges on the lot still it was pre-owned or very dusty 2018, lol

Last edited:

Laterz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
I was what you called an uneducated customer. I came from driving a WRX, walked into the dealership and said I wanted a GTI. Went for a test drive and was sold. I did see the silver badges, but didnt even question them. I bought the car in May, so prob 2018's. Makes sense, thanks

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
2019s got the PP options as standard, so yes - brakes, lsd, badges, little hp rating bump. analog is only on the R in the united states.
if there was a 7.5 with silver badges on the lot still it was pre-owned or very dusty 2018, lol

I know that you actually meant digital only in the R. I have the red badges on my 18.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
I was what you called an uneducated customer. I came from driving a WRX, walked into the dealership and said I wanted a GTI. Went for a test drive and was sold. I did see the silver badges, but didnt even question them. I bought the car in May, so prob 2018's. Makes sense, thanks
Props to you for dropping the Subie to come to the dark side of VW!