GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 IS38 GTI going Ethanol

Bryans12v

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 GTI, 22 Tig Rline
So with the coming release of free IE Ethanol files, Id like to prepare the car for it as I have cheap , readily available E all around me.

The car is currently IS38 with IE and 24,000 miles.

Ill be honest, I know very little about using E fuel and this is my first tuned car and I have a couple questions. What will I need other than the upgraded HPFP internals? Will I need to upgrade the LPFP as well and if so what would be recommended? Im also assuming I would need some type of ethanol sensor as well? I have a P3 guage but its the cheap analog one thats hardwired in. It has two low voltage inputs and wondering if there is an ethanol sensor that would work with those, if not I could always just get the better P3.

I initially plan on starting with E30 and possibly going full E85 once available and would love to set myself up for it now. I appreciate any guidance!

Bryans12v

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 GTI, 22 Tig Rline
I'm sure you're a really nice guy, but I fucking hate you.
If its any consolation, really just like 4 close to the house. Im in the country so anything under 5 miles i consider close.
Screenshot_20210608-185801_Samsung Internet.jpg

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
If its any consolation, really just like 4 close to the house. Im in the country so anything under 5 miles i consider close.
View attachment 216141
That's really close. Old house, I had one within a mile. Now I'm 15 miles away from the closest. All of Austin only has about 7 e85 stations. Really sucks and 1 of them, the credit card reader on the pump doesn't work so have to go inside to prepay. Yep...1st world problems

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
The closest one to me is 30 miles away and is on an eastbound rest stop on a toll road. The next turnaround point is 12 miles farther, so add 24 miles just to get back to the start of the 30 miles home. I can only get ethanol if I'm planning a trip east.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Closest to me is about 15 minutes in a direction I never have a reason to go. This is how I found out that you can get six 5 gallon jugs in the rear without folding the seat down.

Bryans12v

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 GTI, 22 Tig Rline
Looks like all I would really need is the autotech upgrade.

Whats prompting me to do this is the fact that E85 here is under $2 a gallon while 93 is getting closer to $4 a gallon. Even if I'm loosing 10-30% in mileage per tank, I'm still saving while gaining. I do 150 miles a day in the car and have to fill up 2 or 3 times weekly. Shit adds up quick.

ShartyMcFly

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI
My brother lives close to you in Milford PA. I went to Newburgh once. That place was crazy even in the afternoon.