GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 GTI Sunroof Creak (Fixed!)

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Hey guys,

Around the 2,000 mile mark, I started noticed a creaking noise inside my car whenever I was going over road imperfections or while turning at slower speeds. This sound came from the passenger side rear of the vehicle. I read on here that it could be the sunroof. Sure enough, I took the car into the dealer and there happened to be a service bulletin for this. This involved them installing some type of felt material onto the sunroof internals. The creak is now gone! I just wanted to share this experience in case any one else was suffering from this kind of noise in their brand new car like I was.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Sounds good.

Another thing you'll probably want to watch out for is not to over clean (degrease) the door jams up top. The rubber seals will begin to make knocking sounds as temps and humidity get higher in warmer weather.

berfles

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'16 GTI PP, 94 RX-7
As my car gets dirty, this starts happening in the doors and roof. When I wash it I use Gummi Pflege which works for a couple weeks before or gets dirty again. Might bring this up to the dealer when I bring it in for the coolant issue.

codypka

Go Kart Champion
I'm pretty sure VW got that fix from this forum lol. I don't recall the name of the guy who came up with it, but you can probably find his thread. I DIYd it myself, and it has cured 99% of my sunroof issues. i even showed my dealer how it was done when i had it in there for a different issue

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
As my car gets dirty, this starts happening in the doors and roof. When I wash it I use Gummi Pflege which works for a couple weeks before or gets dirty again. Might bring this up to the dealer when I bring it in for the coolant issue.

Could you send me a pic of the areas you use this on? My drivers window rattles and I tried this but I don't think I put it in the proper place.

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
Hey guys,

Around the 2,000 mile mark, I started noticed a creaking noise inside my car whenever I was going over road imperfections or while turning at slower speeds. This sound came from the passenger side rear of the vehicle. I read on here that it could be the sunroof. Sure enough, I took the car into the dealer and there happened to be a service bulletin for this. This involved them installing some type of felt material onto the sunroof internals. The creak is now gone! I just wanted to share this experience in case any one else was suffering from this kind of noise in their brand new car like I was.
Do you have the service bulletin / print out from the dealer? I’m curious. I have a 19 SE with the sunroof creak but no TSB is pulling for me on the VW site.

RSLICK

Ready to race!
Car(s)
7.5 Autobahn DSG
Do you have the service bulletin / print out from the dealer? I’m curious. I have a 19 SE with the sunroof creak but no TSB is pulling for me on the VW site.
Howdy, I definitely have creaking coming from the sunroof. Did you have any luck in finding details on the service bulletin?

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
They haven't sent me the paperwork yet. All I know is that it applies to any 2019 model with the panoramic sunroof.

yakuza70

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the creaking sunroof and applied Gummi Pfledge Stift along the rubber seal. It eliminated the creaking 100%. Here's the video that helped me know where to apply it:
Good luck and hope that helps!

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Okay, so the details on the service bulletin included installing a piece of felt material somewhere on the sunroof assembly. That's the best I got!

RSLICK

Ready to race!
Car(s)
7.5 Autobahn DSG
Yes, okay, thanks. I suspect there might be more than one problem causing the creaking. I will try the gummi, and then if that doesn't work I will take it into the the dealership. Lots of other sounds going on inside as well. No rattles, but just noise of things shifting around a bit. Hard to describe the sound. Regular small cracking/buckling sound coming from the dash. Still love the car, but I am totally OCD and these sounds bug me. Of course, putting on some Jimmy Hendrix takes it all away.

KOR_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
I had the creaking sunroof and applied Gummi Pfledge Stift along the rubber seal. It eliminated the creaking 100%. Here's the video that helped me know where to apply it:
Good luck and hope that helps!
This works. Thanks!

omer333

Passed Driver's Ed
Creaking sunroof? Is the sound coming from around the area where the rearview mirror is located, and there’s the trim cover that goes over the wire for the headlight sensor?

Because I a creaking noise all the f-ing time coming from that area. I thought it was the rearview mirror and almost broke the damn thing trying to take it apart!