GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 GTI SE

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
Hey guys, I'm thinking of grabbing a 2019 GTI SE with experience package. I kinda wanted to wait until winter was close to over so after January. I don't have experience with VW but do you think there will be enough 2019 gti se's left on the lots after Jan 2020 and wonder how much I would be able to get off on them at such a late date? Right now, I'm thinking I could probably get 7 grand off not sure about after Jan

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Yes, there should be plenty of SE's available. What you will pay is up to you. Incentives change often. It's tough to predict what they will be this far in advance.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
I’m going to disagree but it’s dependent upon where you live. Since you are in IL I think it will be a short supply. Certainly here in the Milwaukee area there are few.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Inventory will dwindle down in Jan expecially when the next MYs dont have Peoples warranty.

If i was you, i would seal the deal now with the exact options you are looking for.

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
Inventory will dwindle down in Jan expecially when the next MYs dont have Peoples warranty.

If i was you, i would seal the deal now with the exact options you are looking for.

yea, was wondering about that. Just hate to buy a brand new car in middle of winter with snow and salt. Plus can’t really be outside much to enjoy it while it’s brand new so that is kinda my dilemma.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
yea, was wondering about that. Just hate to buy a brand new car in middle of winter with snow and salt. Plus can’t really be outside much to enjoy it while it’s brand new so that is kinda my dilemma.

GTI is a DD for most people here and I use it in Michigan winter every day. If you don't wanna drive it in winter, you can buy it now and park it in your garage. You can always drive the vehicle whenever you feel like.

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
GTI is a DD for most people here and I use it in Michigan winter every day. If you don't wanna drive it in winter, you can buy it now and park it in your garage. You can always drive the vehicle whenever you feel like.

yea it will be my daily as well, I would just like to have it brand new starting in spring. Won’t mind it going through a winter after that.

You have a good point about garaging it while there is winter activity and salt/slush on roads,, I could just buy it beginning of Jan and do that.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
And by the time spring shines, break-in will be over.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Will you be garaging it every winter?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Really, why is that?

I would like to know that also. I would have thought the best month to buy was when the next model year cars hit the showroom and they want to clear out last years models.

zinfamous

Go Kart Newbie
yes, there should be plenty of CPO options available from owners that forced a buyback on their stalling 2019s... D

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
You have a good point about garaging it while there is winter activity and salt/slush on roads,, I could just buy it beginning of Jan and do that.

You can very well do that.

I know that you have been in the market for some time and not sure if you have started talking to dealers. What if you wait till Jan and dont find the vehicle of your choice (options and exterior color) with your dealer (if you have finalized a dealer). There is a chance that you might have to compromise of the options / color or start the negotiations all over again with a different dealer.