GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 Gti S passenger seat rattle

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Does anyone passenger seat rattle like crazy especially at 80mph here’s a video of what it sounds like it also makes this noise going over any bumps or rough roads.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Check to see if the belt buckle is contacting the console. When I first got my car quiet. Then one day a very similar rattle to yours showed up. Drove me nuts. I realized my daughter adjusted the seat height and the buckle rattled against the console side. I moved the seat and it was gone.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Check to see if the belt buckle is contacting the console. When I first got my car quiet. Then one day a very similar rattle to yours showed up. Drove me nuts. I realized my daughter adjusted the seat height and the buckle rattled against the console side. I moved the seat and it was gone.
Sorry I can't resist this. When you moved the seat was it the rattle or your daughter that was gone. 🤣

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed

I played with the belt buckle last night and it’s not touching my center console at all.

I haven’t gotten to checking the bolts yet since I worked at 12 last night.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I have an annoying rattle coming from my headrests. The stupid button to adjust the height randomly vibrates. I feel like wedging something into the opening even if it makes the button unusable since I never adjust the headrests anyway.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
I have an annoying rattle coming from my headrests. The stupid button to adjust the height randomly vibrates. I feel like wedging something into the opening even if it makes the button unusable since I never adjust the headrests anyway.
Yes I’ve noticed this also if I barely touch the headrest the rattling stops in that area.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Yes I’ve noticed this also if I barely touch the headrest the rattling stops in that area.

I know rattles are a common complaint but it still dumbfounds me how simple things like a headrest button have not be resolved after this many years. I've also had the dreaded sunroof rattle and the plastic around my infotainment screen sometimes creaks until I push on it in a certain spot lol.