GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 GTI Incentive Programs 1/7/20-3/2/20 (Updated 1/17/20)

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Cliff Notes: Cash is up, rates are down vs December. MY20 GTI has no incentives at this time. Current incentives good through 3/2/20 unless VW updates them early.

UPDATE: Dealers in CT, DE, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT, OH and MI receive additional $500 on all 2019 GTI (excluding Rabbit edition) until 1/31/20

Updates in bold text. Dealer 1st Choice has been removed, Dealer 2nd Choice is now simply "Dealer's Choice."

Dealer cash (Bank financing, VCI standard, cash purchases): $3500
OR
VCI Special APR: 1.9%/60mo, 2.9%/72mo, 3.4%/75mo, $1500 VCI Dealer Bonus
Dealer's Choice: Special APR +2% (all terms), $2500 dealer bonus
36mo Lease: .00005/ 47% RV
48mo Lease: .00055/ 40% RV

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Cliff Notes: Cash is up, rates are down vs December. MY20 GTI has no incentives at this time. Current incentives good through 3/2/20 unless VW updates them early.

Updates in bold text. Dealer 1st Choice has been removed, Dealer 2nd Choice is now simply "Dealer's Choice."

Dealer cash (Bank financing, VCI standard, cash purchases): $3500
OR
VCI Special APR: 1.9%/60mo, 2.9%/72mo, 3.4%/75mo, $1500 VCI Dealer Bonus
Dealer's Choice: Special APR +2% (all terms), $2500 dealer bonus
36mo Lease: .00005/ 47% RV
48mo Lease: .00055/ 40% RV

Alltrack?

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
I'm in the process of buying a 2019 now. What do I need to tell the dealer to get the 2.9% APR for 72 months? The best they are offering is 3.79..

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I'm in the process of buying a 2019 now. What do I need to tell the dealer to get the 2.9% APR for 72 months? The best they are offering is 3.79..

Assuming your credit score is 700+, the difference in rates is called "dealer participation," which is industry-speak for "they're padding your rate and keeping the difference." Basically, ask them to show you a copy of the credit decision from VCI which indicates that 3.79 is the rate they're offering. If they won't show you, find another dealer. If it's accurate, ask the dealer to call VCI on your behalf to get the 2.9% rate. If they refuse, find another dealer.

In some cases, lenders will make rate decisions that don't make sense (in my case, my credit score was higher than I thought it was, but the local CU refused to give me their advertised Tier 1 rate, with no explanation why), so it's possible that they've decided, for whatever reason, that your Tier 1 score is not sufficient for the 2.9% rate. That said, captive automotive finance companies exist for the purpose of making it easier to sell cars, so they usually don't consider as many factors as a lender would when reviewing a mortgage application.

barf

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
Am I reading this correctly? If I want 2020 gti, I am looking at $4k more in NJ because of lack of incentives?
2019 has a better warranty too. Only difference I can find is the USB-C port.

wantone

Ready to race!
Wow getting near 2017 cash aren't we? Wasn't it $4000 that year? (I always forget yet bought one go figure) Combine the usual $500 affiliate program if they will accept and $500 auto show cash (local dealers only I believe) and the deals could be stunning.

If it's like 2017, the only trim soon remaining will be manual S models. Chop chop!

Cliffpoz

Forgive my Ignorance. If I am looking to
Buy (finance) In Florida, what is the maximum dealer Cash? I am planning to finance the minimum amount and pay it off in 6 payments to get the dealer cash incentive.
Thanks

verysimple

What is VCI - VW financing bank?
Anyone knows if there are loan origination fees and whether VW finance has early pre-payment penalty?

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Am I reading this correctly? If I want 2020 gti, I am looking at $4k more in NJ because of lack of incentives?
There are no incentives on 2020 GTi at this time, as is usually the case when the vehicle has just been released. Incentives start small and get better as the model year ages, provided demand doesn't drop.
Wow getting near 2017 cash aren't we? Wasn't it $4000 that year? (I always forget yet bought one go figure) Combine the usual $500 affiliate program if they will accept and $500 auto show cash (local dealers only I believe) and the deals could be stunning.

If it's like 2017, the only trim soon remaining will be manual S models. Chop chop!
By October-December of that year, the dealer cash incentives on 2017 were up to $5500, and could be combined with the Partner Program (invoice minus $500) and auto show certificate. $3500 in February of the following year isn't quite as good, but the 2018-2019 warranty is there to make up the difference.

Forgive my Ignorance. If I am looking to
Buy (finance) In Florida, what is the maximum dealer Cash? I am planning to finance the minimum amount and pay it off in 6 payments to get the dealer cash incentive.
Thanks
Cash incentives on GTI are almost always national. VW has regional enhancements on other models, but there are none on GTI at this time.

What is VCI - VW financing bank?
Anyone knows if there are loan origination fees and whether VW finance has early pre-payment penalty?
VCI = VW financing. I'm not aware of any loan origination fees, and despite what others have heard from their selling dealers, there are no penalties for early payoffs.