GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 GTI 6MT Stalling Issue

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Ed.
I'm at a bit over 1000 miles since the 24FD reflash, and I haven't had any more stalls.

I didn't have any for 2500 miles before the reflash, but I did get the false displayed gear issue, and there were times where my car felt like it was about to stall, but didn't. I haven't had any of that since the reflash. The car's average fuel economy calculation still tends towards optimism relative to manually calculating (dividing trip odometer by gallons at the pump), or relative to my Mazda CX-5, which is more accurate.

I'm still running 0w20, and I'm about to do my first oil change with VW branded 508 spec 0w20.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Your attitude, ineptitude, and Subaru ownership made you a Subaru bro.

My lack of knowledge, again you are assuming too much and making conclusions based on your feelings rather than facts. As for my comprehension, I gave up on your tired posts long ago. I respond simply to raise your blood pressure and decrease mine.

Keep up the good work! ?

Now that I'm a Subaru bro, I'll have to go buy a vape pen and a flat brim monster energy hat.

When was the last time you logged your car? Just curious. Name the last car YOU tuned. I've been working on race cars since I could walk. Have tuned my own cars in the past, including my last Miata.

It's pretty funny that you think you're raising my blood pressure, though.

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
On edit: Breaking contact.

Last edited:
Reactions: kak

cb1111

GTIfan99

I started your very own thread where you can discuss all sorts of things unrelated to the original topic of this thread.

I'm sure you'll find many members that want to discuss oil types and non-VW ECU tunes as resolution to the stalling issue.

Please keep this thread on track and discuss the official VW resolution and if that does - or does not - resolve the problem.

Reactions: kak

ELHOTA

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know if the 2020 models are having the same stalling issues as the 2019. Has VW resolved these issues for the 2020

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
May I please have some of that popcorn? I just ran out and this doesn't look like it's going to end for a while or until the thread is closed.

You know what, you’re absolutely right.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
My 2019 GTI DSG experienced stalls in the first 500 to 1000 miles. They went away after what I attribute to the ecu and tcu having learned my driving habits.

On a side note, I used to own a Subaru (it was actually a rebadged WRX sold thru SAAB dealers), frequented NASIOC and I currently run out of spec oil in my MK7.5. All is good.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
GTIfan99

I started your very own thread where you can discuss all sorts of things unrelated to the original topic of this thread.

I'm sure you'll find many members that want to discuss oil types and non-VW ECU tunes as resolution to the stalling issue.

Please keep this thread on track and discuss the official VW resolution and if that does - or does not - resolve the problem.

Is this your thread? I could have sworn someone else started this thread. Oh yeah, that's right, someone else did start the thread. You and your merry band of idiots have fun over in that other thread though. Looks exiting.

Back on topic, did I tell you about the time VWOA told the dealer to use 5w-40 in my car due to stalling and a rich condition that was causing damage to the o2 sensor? They already replaced the o2 sensor once, which took 2 months because they were on back order. The car would bog under WOT and at steady cruise on the highway at 70mph, was getting 26 mpg. They reset learned adaptions a couple times, but the car always ended up running rich. Switching to heavier oil solved the issue, or the car magically fixed itself at the same exact time they switched the oil, like all your cars that magically stopped stalling on there own after breaking. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not. But that's what happened.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Does anyone know if the 2020 models are having the same stalling issues as the 2019. Has VW resolved these issues for the 2020

No one can answer that yet, but most cars never stalled in the first place. I don't think we have anyone that has had stalling that still persists, whether it went away on its own, stopped after the patch or VW bought the car back. No 2020's have reported stalling yet, but at least one new 2019 that was reported to have the patch by the dealer did have stalls. My car had more issues that just stalling, but did stall too, thus this big discussion on oil. If you aren't tracking your car, you should be on 0w-20. If you track your car, you can come to the motorsport section where the adults talk about cars and avoid this stupid mess. I wouldn't avoid buying a 2020, especially if you aren't happy with how the mk8 is looking. It's still pretty early in the 2020 model year, so if you do buy, tell them you're on the fence about waiting for the mk8 and you test drove the SI and really like it too, even if you aren't, it should help you negotiate a better price.

Last edited:

sloopercat

Go Kart Newbie
I am just not seeing many complaints once the software had been updated. I would have not purchased my 2019 if I had not seen this as fixed. Let’s see a report from someone who has this issue, rather than indirect conjecture.