GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 GTI 6MT Stalling Issue

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Tell you what, have 150+ people complain to NHTSA about some sort of oil pressure discrepancy and then YOU can write a petition to ask them to open an investigation and get VW to fix the problem that may, or may not, exist.

In the meantime, why don't you start your very own thread to talk about this and quit junking up this thread.

Because it was discovered in this thread. It would be great if those that had the oil pressure discrepancy could post if it resolved after the flash too.

Seems pretty straight forward.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Regurgitate others work? Try again. One person used Macan calipers. I did the research on pads, buying multiple sets to take measurements. Bought mk6 R rotors to test fit. I'm maintaining the wheel fitment list and just ordered different pins to test.

I've spent hundreds of dollars on alits and shared setups for GS and STH.

I just finished a review of APR's springa.

So again, what have you contributed?

Seriously, do you guys think an oil pressure discrepancy is no big deal or something? You guess seem to be stuck months ago when it was a possibility it was the cause of stalling. VW has solved the stalling, but multiple cars had discrepancies in oil pressure snd reported oil pressure. You aren't at all curious if that's resolved?

?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Regurgitate others work? Try again. One person used Macan calipers. I did the research on pads, buying multiple sets to take measurements. Bought mk6 R rotors to test fit. I'm maintaining the wheel fitment list and just ordered different pins to test.

I've spent hundreds of dollars on alits and shared setups for GS and STH.

I just finished a review of APR's springa.

So again, what have you contributed?

Seriously, do you guys think an oil pressure discrepancy is no big deal or something? You guess seem to be stuck months ago when it was a possibility it was the cause of stalling. VW has solved the stalling, but multiple cars had discrepancies in oil pressure snd reported oil pressure. You aren't at all curious if that's resolved?

That moment when you think that the internet really gives a shit about your efforts.

oXRagin MooseXo

All, been relatively quiet for a while waiting patiently for the 24FD service action to be released to the Canadian market, and finally managed to get into my local dealer to get it installed this past Saturday morning. Initial feeling with very minimal mileage is that the ECU update has definitely changed the driving behaviour. Acceleration seems to come on quicker at low RPM, idle is consistent, and when shifting the RPM seems to transfer more smoothly between shifts. I may be dreaming all this, but definitely feels a little perkier. Wondering if others have had similar experiences?

MALMAZDA

All, been relatively quiet for a while waiting patiently for the 24FD service action to be released to the Canadian market, and finally managed to get into my local dealer to get it installed this past Saturday morning. Initial feeling with very minimal mileage is that the ECU update has definitely changed the driving behaviour. Acceleration seems to come on quicker at low RPM, idle is consistent, and when shifting the RPM seems to transfer more smoothly between shifts. I may be dreaming all this, but definitely feels a little perkier. Wondering if others have had similar experiences?

Pretty much the same here and the gear indicator is always right now.

Inka Orange

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit 6MT
Acceleration seems to come on quicker at low RPM, idle is consistent, and when shifting the RPM seems to transfer more smoothly between shifts.

Though my car seemed to always run and idle smoothly, the main thing for me was the absence of rev hang between shifts. Big plus in driving pleasure! ?

M3LV

Passed Driver's Ed
Going to set an appointment with my dealer. Got a 2019 GTI SE w/ DSG. Car started stalling today while coming to a stop at a stop sign. Screen informed me to put vehicle in park and restart manually. I filed my complaint to add to the list. Hopefully the software udpate will be the end of things. I've been waiting to tune my car to get a few miles in and ensure all is well. Glad I did at this point.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Going to set an appointment with my dealer. Got a 2019 GTI SE w/ DSG. Car started stalling today while coming to a stop at a stop sign. Screen informed me to put vehicle in park and restart manually. I filed my complaint to add to the list. Hopefully the software udpate will be the end of things. I've been waiting to tune my car to get a few miles in and ensure all is well. Glad I did at this point.

Wow one of the very few DSG cars to have the problem.

cb1111

The Service Campaign doesn't apply to the DSG.

Let us know what the dealer says.

TheeBran

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey ya'll. I haven't posted in a while. My car still seems to be (mostly)good after the update, no stalling. However, I have picked up on a few things and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed since the fix, or even before it. So first is an inconsistent idle, this does not happen all the time, and usually, after the car is at operating temp, or after a warm start. Really I can just notice the needle on the tach moving slightly while idling, and even more rare I feel a pretty noticeable "bump" in the idle, just like it rose and fell in a split second. Second is the car acting slightly differently every now and then. By this I mean I feel like the car does not have full power sometimes, then when I come back to drive it later, it seems to be back to full power, very strange. Finally, while the improper gear indication was mostly fixed by the update, I have noticed a couple of times that it was once again displaying the wrong gear. Each time it was wrong, it was displaying 3rd gear while the car was in 4th. I have since leased a new car and the GTI is not driven as much anymore, still a fun car but I have ultimately decided not to keep it. I think I will be staying away from VW for a little bit and see what happens in the future. Anyway, thanks for all the help everyone! Especially you @dietcokefiend, also great to see a fellow Ohioan here!

VadGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Is there anyone for whom the update hasn't worked? I bought my '19 SE 6-speed on 1/31. It did the slow-soft stall during the test drive but I attributed that to my idiocy. It's happened several times since. Took it in on Saturday for the program update and was told that it had been done in December but that they'd try again. Was totally fine after I picked it up Saturday night and Sunday. Then, this morning, as I was turning left it did it again. I have a buddy who bought one two days after my purchase and his also stalled multiple times. He took it back to the dealer and it has been there since. It apparently also had the program applied in December.

And no, I'm not a no0b. I daily-drove a Mk6 6-speed before this Mk7.5 (bought that new in 2013), among many other manual cars. Just to make sure I wasn't losing my touch, I spent some time and put some miles on my 993 this weekend. No stalls :p.

dietcokefiend

Master of Disaster
My gut feeling on stalling, given how closely linked it is to oil temp, is we may be seeing a drop in failures for now with colder weather. Get back into late spring and summer and they pop back up. Last year I didn't even encounter much stalling reports until things warmed up. Then come hot weather across the US and it was happening to most people looking for it.

cb1111

I'd again like to ask those people that continue to have stalling issues after the update to report the problem both to NHTSA and to the dealer.

Make sure that you reference the service action in your complaint.