GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 GTI 6MT Stalling Issue

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
But oil viscosity!!!

:ROFLMAO:

Are you mentally retarded? We still don't know if the documented issue with actual and reported oil pressure is resolved. It's awesome that the ECU update has resolved the stalling issue and the car runs smoother, but the ECU not getting correct values is a pretty big thing. If this isn't fixed and VW worked around it with the ECU flash, I wouldn't consider that a good solution.

Last edited:

kak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 R 6MT
Are you mentally retarded? We still don't know if the documented issue with actual and reported oil pressure is resolved. It's awesome that the ECU update has resolved the stalling issue and the car runs smoother, but the ECU not getting correct values is a pretty big thing. If this isn't fixed and VW worked around it with the ECU flash, I wouldn't consider that a good solution.
Are you a mechanical or software engineer for VW? Or one at all?

*problem is resolved*

“NOT GOOD ENOUGH”

Last edited:

cb1111

Y'all can piss around with oil conspiracy theories but the bottom line is that there have been zero reports of stalling following the update (except - as mentioned - the one owner who hasn't since and could have been a different problem).

You can keep this thread alive with ridiculous discussions that have nothing to do with the stalling, or you can say "Thanks DCF" and let this thread die a nice natural death.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The oil pressure discrepancy isn't a conspiracy, though it may not of had anything to do with stalling.

That doesn't make it a none issue. You guys are pretty thick.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

There's no need to ask if someone is mentally retarded. Corprin is well regarded in the forum and asked a legitimate question.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
There's no need to ask if someone is mentally retarded. Corprin is well regarded in the forum and asked a legitimate question.

His posts are mostly snarky comments with zero substance. Name one actual contribution he's made to the mk7 community.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
He’s absolutely right. I have yet to make one actual contribution to the mk7 community. Maybe I could contribute by authoring a thread that regurgitates the findings and work of others?

The fact is, GTIfan99 knows nothing of my resume, nor others, while criticizing for anything close to a disagreement with his staunch positions.

It’s cool, I’ve dealt with people like him in the past. The fact remains I’ve forgotten more about building and tuning cars/chassis/tracks then he’ll ever know... or regurgitate as it may be.

But yeah, it’s the pressure of oil and timing lies to the ECU that caused the unknown problem with Pluto not being a planet and the moon landing flat earth.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
He’s absolutely right. I have yet to make one actual contribution to the mk7 community. Maybe I could contribute by authoring a thread that regurgitates the findings and work of others?

The fact is, GTIfan99 knows nothing of my resume, nor others, while criticizing for anything close to a disagreement with his staunch positions.

It’s cool, I’ve dealt with people like him in the past. The fact remains I’ve forgotten more about building and tuning cars/chassis/tracks then he’ll ever know... or regurgitate as it may be.

But yeah, it’s the pressure of oil and timing lies to the ECU that caused the unknown problem with Pluto not being a planet and the moon landing flat earth.

The earth isn’t flat???!!! You mean I’m not white?!?!?

kak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 R 6MT
The oil pressure discrepancy isn't a conspiracy, though it may not of had anything to do with stalling and you’re disappointed with that result.

That doesn't make it a none issue. You guys are pretty thick.
Again, are you an engineer? If not, take your flash and quit pushing some perceived problem other than the one that the cars quit stalling.

The stalling problem is now a non-issue. They can release what they edited in the code or not, but the problem is fixed. Changing to something not 0W-20 wasn’t the fix, so it seems pretty thick to suggest that it is still an issue based on the urban legend that some people quit stalling when they switched (correlation != causation).

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Again, are you an engineer? If not, take your flash and quit pushing some perceived problem other than the one that the cars quit stalling.

The stalling problem is now a non-issue. They can release what they edited in the code or not, but the problem is fixed. Changing to something not 0W-20 wasn’t the fix, so it seems pretty thick to suggest that it is still an issue based on the urban legend that some people quit stalling when they switched (correlation != causation).

I'm not claiming they still stall. During the process of trying to figure all this out, it was discovered that there's an oil pressure discrepancy.

Let's say you have surgery you remove you're gsll bladder, and they find a tumor. You don't ignore the tumor.

So they've fixed the stall. Awesome. Did it also fix the oil discrepancy?

kak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 R 6MT
I'm not claiming they still stall. During the process of trying to figure all this out, it was discovered that there's an oil pressure discrepancy.

Let's say you have surgery you remove you're gsll bladder, and they find a tumor. You don't ignore the tumor.

Unless I missed that complaint, there was none to fix.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

I doubt that you will get any answers until you apologize to Corprin for your retarded comment.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Regurgitate others work? Try again. One person used Macan calipers. I did the research on pads, buying multiple sets to take measurements. Bought mk6 R rotors to test fit. I'm maintaining the wheel fitment list and just ordered different pins to test.

I've spent hundreds of dollars on alits and shared setups for GS and STH.

I just finished a review of APR's springa.

So again, what have you contributed?

Seriously, do you guys think an oil pressure discrepancy is no big deal or something? You guess seem to be stuck months ago when it was a possibility it was the cause of stalling. VW has solved the stalling, but multiple cars had discrepancies in oil pressure snd reported oil pressure. You aren't at all curious if that's resolved?

cb1111

Tell you what, have 150+ people complain to NHTSA about some sort of oil pressure discrepancy and then YOU can write a petition to ask them to open an investigation and get VW to fix the problem that may, or may not, exist.

In the meantime, why don't you start your very own thread to talk about this and quit junking up this thread.