GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 GTI 6MT Stalling Issue

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I didn't know people took their vitamins so seriously.

I certainly do. The majority of people don't consume a diet sufficient to provide the necessary vitamins and minerals. Especially with modern processed foods.

zinfamous

Go Kart Newbie
OFFS:

--It's not science that's the problem--it's the nutrition industry, which is more market-profit driven than it is science...which is completely a shame, yes. That's the issue though. and it really is a big one...
--Vitamins don't fuck with your liver, no matter what you want to think, if consumed in excess. The worst that this industry can do to you, is suck away your finances for placebo...that's actually the worst thing. And yes, it's garbage, but it isn't any worse for your health. It's just dumb for your wallet...and well your reputation for buying into the worst products, and propagating snake oil nonsense to peers that might have otherwise respected you at some point...but again, a different issue. You are literally pissing out your own money, basically. That is the concern with this industry, and embarrassment of those that support it without spending the time to consider what they really know.
--Not that all vitamins and supplements are bad, per sey. ...it is actually medically legit in certain applications
--E8AAA engine doesn't give a shit about human vitamins. Get that nonsense out of here.

The facts.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
OFFS:

--It's not science that's the problem--it's the nutrition industry, which is more market-profit driven than it is science...which is completely a shame, yes. That's the issue though. and it really is a big one...
--Vitamins don't fuck with your liver, no matter what you want to think, if consumed in excess. The worst that this industry can do to you, is suck away your finances for placebo...that's actually the worst thing. And yes, it's garbage, but it isn't any worse for your health. It's just dumb for your wallet...and well your reputation for buying into the worst products, and propagating snake oil nonsense to peers that might have otherwise respected you at some point...but again, a different issue. You are literally pissing out your own money, basically. That is the concern with this industry, and embarrassment of those that support it without spending the time to consider what they really know.
--Not that all vitamins and supplements are bad, per sey. ...it is actually medically legit in certain applications
--E8AAA engine doesn't give a shit about human vitamins. Get that nonsense out of here.

The facts.

They are not facts because you say so.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Dear all, this is not facebook. Could we please keep the meme posts and off topic bull crap to a minimum if possible.

thanks
-Everyone

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
What is Facebook?

It’s been a month since 24FD flash was done. Still no issues, and all other “drivability issues” have not reappeared.

Reactions: kak

dietcokefiend

Master of Disaster
What would be handy is knowing how the cars with the significant stalling problems did after the flash. Most were bought back though before triggering lemon law.

MALMAZDA

What would be handy is knowing how the cars with the significant stalling problems did after the flash. Most were bought back though before triggering lemon law.

I have stalled 50+ times before the update (about 5000 miles) and since the update I've done about 2000 miles and didn't stall once, not even a rough idle.

The gear indicator hasn't been wrong since either.

cb1111

Very difficult to say because of the cars that were bought back show up as a normal trade or a normal sale.

You will recall, however, that NHTSA required VW to submit a listing of all customer complaints on the stalling issue and that list was quite long and encompassed far more cars than we heard about here, on FB or Reddit. The only way to track if the fix is "the fix", is to track complaints after the fix. VW is doing that.

cb1111

I suspect that we can stick a fork in this issue - it appears done.

People underestimate the value of complaints to the regulators. Here, the sheer number of complaints allowed DietCokeFiend to write a compelling petition that resulted in NHTSA opening an investigation. Once NHTSA requested information from VW, it appears that the manufacturer woke up and went full steam ahead to find a resolution.

The resolution appears to have worked as I've only seen one "post-fix" complaint and even that poster has gone quiet.

While the investigation will continue for some time (it can take years to close one as it requires a long back and forth between NHTSA and the manufacturer) and the regulators will need to be convinced that the fix resolves the problem.

Y'all also need to remember that the MT cars would still be stalling if DCF hadn't filed the petition.

Moral of the story - if you have a safety problem then reporting it to the regulators (NHTSA/Transport Canada etc) is not only necessary, but actually works.

Inka Orange

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit 6MT
Yes - efforts by @dietcokefiend appreciated! Even if my car wasn't affected by any stalling, it does feel like it runs smoother to me...and rev-hang has largely disappeared. On top of that, I feel like - as an owner - my stock went up! ?