GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 GTI 6MT Stalling Issue

kak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 R 6MT
LOL, so first guy in the Facebook group who had the new patch applied left the dealer and continued to have stalls. This problem is nowhere near fixed.

"

Update 2: 2019 GTI S 6 speed manual stalling issue
Car was token to dealer service department in which they stated a technical bulletin was released today for this concerned and a engine control module software update was perform.
As I was driving to work this morning, car shut off twice had to keep it in gear for it not to die as I sit at the red light in traffic.
Car left the service department with eight about 402 miles . This issue happened again 460 miles."
This is disappointing. What group tho?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
At the dealer for an unrelated issue and they are flashing this ECM update to my car as we speak. I haven't had any stalling issues, let's see what this does...
Please let us know, I’m scheduled for Tuesday but My car doesn’t have stalling issues at all. So I’ll cancel if this could start to induce them. And I’ve got a downpipe and full catback exhaust the last thing I want is a higher idle (also 1800 rpms? Def sounds rumor worthy when the car now idles at 750 to 900 now... I don’t even go up to 1800 to get the car rolling it’s usually 1500 and as it grabs drops to 1200 for a split sec.) that would mean the car always would be at a cold start audible level.

zinfamous

Go Kart Newbie
VW gave me a GREAT offer to switch into a new Golf R manual but I decided to do the buyback instead. You could try for this if you are interested. They gave me the option of cutting them a check for $5,300 to get into a Golf R. My OTD price on the Rabbit was $28k so I could have had an R for essentially $33,300 OTD. Not abad option if you aren't scared of VW quality. I was/am....hence the buyback.

oh snap, I would have jumped on that!

zinfamous

Go Kart Newbie
Pretty sure that guy was joking about the idle.

I mean, there is the "j/k" bit...

so now I guess I won't bother with scheduling for this software update, as it doesn't appear to work. Mine still remains stall free over 1900 miles after they reset the ECM, so I I'll just leave it at that for now...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If you're car is continuing to stall, make them replace the o2 sensor too. My car destroyed the o2 sensor in 600 miles. Flash, o2 sensor, adapations. Anything less and we really can't tell if this fixed the issue or not.

TornadoHands

About 100 miles on the new software, all is well. Feels like my revs fall a bit faster between shifts but haven't been able to feel a difference otherwise. I wasn't stalling before and I'm still not, 2700 miles or so.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
About 100 miles on the new software, all is well. Feels like my revs fall a bit faster between shifts but haven't been able to feel a difference otherwise. I wasn't stalling before and I'm still not, 2700 miles or so.

Were you getting the stumble at about 3500? If so has that been corrected?

Wanted to wait till the fix was in before taking the rabbit in.

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
So it seems all I’ve seen are MT, maybe only a couple dsg ? Reason I ask is because I’m thinking of picking up a new dsg

cb1111

So it seems all I’ve seen are MT, maybe only a couple dsg ? Reason I ask is because I’m thinking of picking up a new dsg
Yes, it is just manual trannys. There have been a couple of reports on the DSG equipped cars but that is most likely unrelated.