GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 GTI 6MT Stalling Issue

We4nolans

Passed Driver's Ed
From my experience with this I am convinced it was something I was doing. It happened only when I was driving. My wife, son and the dealer drove and did not experience any stalling. It happened to me 5 times the first day we had picked up the car and I immediately took it to the dealer.

When the dealer could not duplicate it and my family members could not either I began to think it was something I was doing. We swapped the rubber all weather floor mats for the carpet mats and I began to pay more attention to ensure the clutch was fully engaged. Ever since I have not had a single issue. I’ve now gone back to the all weather floor mats and still no issues.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Very first thing you need to do is not submitting complaints or post here or any online activity.

You need to take your car to the dealer, so that they can duplicate the issue.

Guess what? If you/they are not able to duplicate the issue, you don't have any issue with the car (per VW or any other manufacture).

Maybe the special color you guys got is too cool for the car, so it stalls. =)

AluminumStork

Where do I find the build date? All I have on the B piller is the tire information.

dietcokefiend

Master of Disaster
Very first thing you need to do is not submitting complaints or post here or any online activity.

You need to take your car to the dealer, so that they can duplicate the issue.

Guess what? If you/they are not able to duplicate the issue, you don't have any issue with the car (per VW or any other manufacture).

Maybe the special color you guys got is too cool for the car, so it stalls. =)

So far no one who has taken it to the dealer has had any repair or resolution. One person I’ve spoken to has had stalling st highway speeds. This absolutely needs a safety complaint.

We4nolans

Passed Driver's Ed
So far no one who has taken it to the dealer has had any repair or resolution. One person I’ve spoken to has had stalling st highway speeds. This absolutely needs a safety complaint.

Since taking my car in I have not had an issue.

The feel of the clutch in VW cars is not good and as I’ve commented i found it was me not the car. This is not our first manual car and I know how to drive a stick, but I was doing something causing the car to stall as I approached a stop.

It was not easy to admit it could have been me, but it only happened when I drove, no one could repeat it and after swapping floor mats and being more conscientious with my clutch engagement it had not happened since.

ImMrMeeseeks

Ready to race!
I have the grey and mine did it one time in stop/go traffic. I knew the clutch was depressed fully I just figured the engine was getting flooded from staying below 1,500 RPM. This is my first DI car so I didn’t know what to think. I just revved it up to try to burn fuel out but that may have not even been the issue lol. Luckily it was only that once though. I had maybe 600 miles at that time and am at about 1,400 now without duplicating the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HappyLegs

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the same problem on my DSG Urano Grey.

The dealer made a Throttle Body Calibration and it went away.

On one of the FB forums I shared above the owner brought it into the dealership (I believe the owner also worked at said dealership). The findings were inconclusive, could not be replicated... but the dealer recommendation was to replace the throttle body and see if it improved the results at all. Basically they were just taking a shot in the dark. To my knowledge they have not done the throttle body replacement yet.

333Inlinesix

I'm part of your list....

Just to put my experience in this thread, the car stalled on me once last Friday after filling up and twice last Saturday. It hasn't stalled since then in the 30-40 miles I have driven. I also have been paying close attention to the gear indicator, which never showed an incorrect gear. To add to that, it's happened with the carpeted mats and I have been daily driving manual transmission cars for the past 19 years, so it is not user error. My build date is 12/18 FWIW.

HappyLegs

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the same problem on my DSG Urano Grey.

The dealer made a Throttle Body Calibration and it went away.

I wonder if the throttle bodies can be recalibrated on a 6MT or if thats just a DSG thing? I'm 6MT

Mine is also not user error... I thought it was the first couple of times (it's my first manual in many years) but the last couple times no way. And like the OP said, mine is also a very quiet/soft shutdown. Each time it happened I only knew because of the drop in RPM's... couldn't really feel it. And although I'm not 100% on this, I believe mine has only stalled out after some very spirited driving.

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
My CFB did it on the third day of ownership once. Wife has not reported a second occurrence. Only about 200 miles on the car so far.

Also want to add, that 2006 MY had an issue with the evap system which caused almost the exact same stalling issues. I had a 2006 Rabbit and then replaced the "charcoal canister" A.K.A. vapor canister and it never happened again.