GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 GTI 6MT Performance Issues I'd Like to Correct

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Yeah, it's for idiot-proofing, but this is a hell of a lot of idiot-proofing. Idiots must be of a very high quality these days. ?
yes there are loads of high quality idiots...

I've got everything set to sport minus the noise generator. (unplug it & bin it) That thing was throwing me off. I check every time I drive, and the settings stay in the system. That was certainly an improvement.

Not sure what you mean by VCDS loads...(sorry..plug the car in to a laptop etc & use VCDS to alter stuff to programme things off...or use OBD11)

Answers in bold..

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
I've been out of the break-in period for a little while now, and it's not really improved at all.

All that waiting until I could really push it and see what the thing is made of and... Well... It seems that was all it could do anyway.

I don't care how much power is hiding around 4,700 RPM, you can't use it. It takes too long to shift.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Just do a stg 1 tune, clutch delay delete and obd11 ABS/ESC mods. Add rear sway and some LCA's to get more negative camber up front. You'll thank me.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
Just do a stg 1 tune, clutch delay delete and obd11 ABS/ESC mods. Add rear sway and some LCA's to get more negative camber up front. You'll thank me.

I've already given it everything VCDS can offer, unfortunately. It was a big difference, but moving from a pedal car to a Power Wheels is not impressive. It sucks either way.

I'm not about to affect that six year, transferable warranty. That will tank the resale value. LOL

If that wasn't a problem, there's nothing wrong with the car. Unfortunately, it is indeed a problem, and that means it's no more than a slow, disconnected car that's inconvenient and unpredictable to drive.

That pretty much says it's a bad car, because cars are judged out of the box; not after mods.

I've given this thing far more lenience than it deserves, in my estimation. It's comfortable and nice, but all it does from a driving perspective is piss me off. I've never once hopped out with a smile on my face. Most often it's a scowl and colorful metaphors, and at the very least I'm irritated. I was really hoping I could avoid this contention, but I can't: It's possibly the single worst sporting vehicle I've ever driven.

Even the suggestion that it has over 230bhp is almost a lie. I can have a million dollars, but if its covered in radioactive waste on an asteroid fifty light-years away... I don't really have it, now do I?

Last edited: