GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 Golf R, Spektrum Viper Green 1 of 33 for SALE

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I should feel bad for anyone paying this price when the car drops in value like a rock when the chip shortage is over and the car loses half of its value but I don't.
The chip shortage being over (and who knows at this point when that will be?) won't do much if anything to cure inflation. Prices may stay up, impossible to tell at this point.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The chip shortage being over (and who knows at this point when that will be?) won't do much if anything to cure inflation. Prices may stay up, impossible to tell at this point.
Unless dealers start selling new cars above MSRP the used car prices will drop drastically when the chip shortage is over and new cars are stocked. A lot of 2-3 year old used cars are selling above their original MSRP. That can't continue if a brand new car is being sold at MSRP.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
lol@70k

You can buy a Supra and an $8,000 turbo kit for that price and make 800HP

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I had to make a pot of coffee just so i could take a sip and spit it out in shock

i'd buy two golf r's, maybe 2 golf rs and a gti instead of this

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I had to make a pot of coffee just so i could take a sip and spit it out in shock

i'd buy two golf r's, maybe 2 golf rs and a gti instead of this

How about one golf r and 2 jettas?

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
I like that tactic.....it doesn't sell, so just keep upping the price on it instead
He started out at $57k in Jul 2020 and it seems is now up to $71k....

The founder of a company I used to work for did that actually. They were selling specific research to investment banks, hedge funds other types of financial firms making multimillion dollar investments. Couldn’t get anyone to bite for 25,000. After a bunch of no’s he ended a pitch saying it was 500k to sign up and that was their first real sale. Takeaway was that prospects felt it couldn’t be that good for 25k and they were dismissive. Half a mil got their attention. Not apples to apples but always thought that was funny.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
The founder of a company I used to work for did that actually. They were selling specific research to investment banks, hedge funds other types of financial firms making multimillion dollar investments. Couldn’t get anyone to bite for 25,000. After a bunch of no’s he ended a pitch saying it was 500k to sign up and that was their first real sale. Takeaway was that prospects felt it couldn’t be that good for 25k and they were dismissive. Half a mil got their attention. Not apples to apples but always thought that was funny.
One of the first rules of marketing: people associate price with quality.