GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 Golf R, Spektrum Viper Green 1 of 33 for SALE

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That seems to be the case after what the Jazz blue Spektrum sold for. If ANY Spektrum car should have sold for over $50k that was it. The lowest mileage unmolested one that has popped up for sale yet.

I got chastised for it saying it, but I'd more blame it on how similar Jazz Blue is to a readily available color you see all over the place on Golf Rs.

A 91 Blue one with over 20k miles sold for over $50k just two weeks ago.

I'd bet that current Viper Green sells for more than the Jazz Blue one did.

Last edited:

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
I got chastised for it saying it, but I'd more blame it on how similar Jazz Blue is to a readily available color you see all over the place on Golf Rs.
I can see that if the color is based on photos only. In person Jazz Blue is noticeably different and in my opinion a much better looking blue.

What I don't get is it was still a 1300 mile unmolested car, as close to new as you can get a 7.5R. Not too long ago non Spektrum cars with 20k plus miles were asking what this one sold for.

Now Viper green is another story, that color tickles my pickle. I love it. My gut is telling though it will sell right about the same price or little less than the Jazz blue.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yup, I’m sure the non DSG, location timing play the real roll in the selling cost…he’ll that 91 blue also was a unique bid war between those 2 guys that got caught up. Jon just reaching with the color theory cause he’s still leaking from the gang bang for mentioning that

Bid war vid in real time… that thing would have went for 42k if the other guy didn’t jump in with 60sec to spare

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CeT_FuslrNB/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
it would be cool if humblemechanic was on the boards

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
The Viper Green on Cars & Bids only bid up to $37k and was RNM (Reserve Not Met). Market is cooling and it's cooling fast. I'm sure the Spektrums will stay elevated in value compared to the rest of the Rs but the market overall is cooling.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KdlEAmMB/2019-volkswagen-golf-r
C&B is clearly struggling. A fraction of the exposure that BaT brings, a more juvenile-acting commenter audience, and inflation starting to take hold of more people are causing them to RNM on a LOT of auctions recently. BaT having more RNM's than would have been the case not long ago too.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
C&B is clearly struggling. A fraction of the exposure that BaT brings, a more juvenile-acting commenter audience, and inflation starting to take hold of more people are causing them to RNM on a LOT of auctions recently. BaT having more RNM's than would have been the case not long ago too.

I always wondered what niche C&B was trying to fill that BaT doesn't already.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I think C&B still brings a different variety of cars. At least on the "lower" end. It's what BAT USED to be.
I'm on BAT almost daily, C&B and PcarMarket at least once a week.
BAT has become mostly just overpriced IMO. Yes, a car is worth what someone is willing to pay (bid), but it seems like that is where all the people with some real $$$ go and over pay for stuff.
I blame them for the sharp increases in 964 pricing. Them and Singer lol.
However there are still some great deals to be had on BAT from time to time.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R